The World Baseball Classic 2023 is in full swing, taking place from March 7-21, 2023. The defending champions United States aim for another title. Here you can find everything about the World Baseball Classic, schedule, tv, and where to watch the live stream.
The field this year is absolutely loaded. The United States, Dominican Republic, and Japan are favorites. Japan is the only two-time winner of the WBC, taking the crown in 2006 and 2009. The final will be in Miami.
World Baseball Classic Schedule and Pools
This year, twenty teams will play, up from 16 in the past. With four pools of five teams each. The top two teams in each pool, a total of 8, will advance into the quarterfinals. The tournament will be held in four different locations, two in the US and two in East Asia (Japan and Taiwan).
Pool A and Pool B will be played in Taichung Intercontinental Baseball Stadium and the Tokyo Dome, respectively, whereas Pool C will be at Chase Field in Arizona and Pool D will be at LoanDepot Park in Miami.
Pool A – Taichung Intercontinental Baseball Stadium (Taichung, Chinese Taipei)
- Chinese Taipei
Pool B – Tokyo Dome (Tokyo, Japan)
- South Korea
- Czech Republic
Pool C – Chase Field (Phoenix, Arizona)
- Great Britain
Pool D – LoanDepot Park (Miami, Florida)
- Puerto Rico
- Dominican Republic
- Pool Matches: March 7-15
- The Quarterfinals: March 15-18
- The Semifinals: March 19-20
- Championship Match: March 21
[All times in ET]
- March 14 – 3 p.m. – Canada vs. Colombia
- March 14 – 10 p.m. – Great Britain vs. Mexico
- March 15 – 3 p.m. – Mexico vs. Canada
- March 15 – 10 p.m. – USA vs. Colombia
- March 14 – Noon – Nicaragua vs. Venezuela
- March 14 – 7 p.m. – Israel vs. Dominican Republic
- March 15 – Noon – Venezuela vs. Israel
- March 15 – 7 p.m. – Puerto Rico vs. Dominican Republic
- March 15 – 6 a.m. – Australia vs. Cuba
- March 16 – 6 a.m. – Italy vs. Japan
- March 17 – 7 p.m. – Pool C runner-up vs. Pool D winner
- March 18 – 7 p.m. – Pool D runner-up vs. Pool C winner
- March 19 – 7 p.m. – Quarterfinal 1 winner vs. Quarterfinal 3 winner
- March 20 – 7 p.m. – Quarterfinal 2 winner vs. Quarterfinal 4 winner
- March 21 – 7 p.m. – Semifinal 1 winner vs. Semifinal 2 winner
Where to Watch on TV and Live Stream
The World Baseball Classic 2023 will be available on TV and Live Stream. Check out where to watch the games below.
The 2023 World Baseball Classic will be broadcast in the U.S. by Fox Sports, with games airing on Fox, FS1, and FS2.
- Fox Sports App
FoxSports.com, Fox Sports App, and Fubo TV will provide the live stream of WBC 2023 games. The Fox Sports subscribers on cable or satellite can access the live stream on FoxSports.com and Fox Sports App for free.
Fans need to buy a subscription to watch the games on FuboTV. The Pro pack is available for $74.99 per month. They offer a 7-day free trial.
Read Also: Mookie Betts’s Net Worth