Early Life Biography
Alia was a part of Jamnabai Narsee School (Mumbai). She developed her interest in acting from a very early age.
As she belongs from a filmy background, acting was always her first love. She was first seen in the movie “Sangharsh” as a child artist in the year 1999.
Akshay Kumar and Priety Zinta acted in that movie. Alia played the role of a younger version of Preity. Later, in the year 2012.
Alia entered the industry through Karan Johar’s hit movie “Student of the Year”. It was a teen comedy-drama in which Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan were her co-actors.
Well, this smart girl earned the viewer’s attention with her role of Shanaya Singhania. The movie earned around 960 million at the box office.
Next, in the year 2014, she appeared in Imtiaz Ali’s road film “Highway”. Here, she worked with actor Randeep Hooda.
However, the movie failed to perform as per the expectation of the makers. But Alia received due appreciation for her acting skills. She was considered to be the most promising newcomer in the industry at that time.
In the same year, she performed with actor Arjun Kapoor in the movie “2 States”. Directed by Abhishek Varman, it was an adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s novel (in fact, with the same name).
The movie tells how two students of IIM Ahmedabad convinced their parents of their relationship. For playing the role of Ananya Swaminathan (a Tamil girl), she learned the Tamil language also.
In the movie “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania“, she played the role of a Punjabi girl. It was a romantic comedy movie directed by Shashank Khaitan.
Varun Dhawan and Siddharth Shukla also worked along with Alia. It was said that the movie is a tribute to “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” (the movie released in the year 1995).
Also, in the year 2014, Alia did a short film named “Going Home”. Directed by Vikas Bahl, it was regarding women’s safety. Some other movies of Bhatt are:
- “Kapoor & Sons” with Sidharth Malhotra and Fawad Khan (2016)
- “Udta Punjab” with Shahid Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, and Diljit Dosanjh (2016)
- “Dear Zindagi” with Shahrukh Khan (2016)
- “Badrinath Ki Dulhania” with Varun Dhawan (2017)
- “Raazi” (2018)
- This year (2019) she appeared in Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy. Released on 14-Feb, Ranbir Singh was her co-actor in the movie.
- Best Female Debut” by Times Of India Film Awards – Student of the Year (2013)
- Filmfare Critics Award for category “Best Actress” – Highway (2015)
- Filmfare Award for category “Best Actress” – Udta Punjab (2017)
Both her folks hold different cultures. As her dad belongs to the Gujarati-Hindu family and her mom belongs to the Kashmiri-German Muslim family.
She carries Indo-British citizenship. Well her father needs no introduction. He is a known director who has produced movies like “Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin” (1991), “Daddy” (1989), “Awaargi” (1990), “Aashiqui” (1990).
Director Nanabhai Bhatt is Alia’s paternal grandfather. Shana Bhatt is her elder sister who is a writer by profession.
Rahul Bhatt (fitness trainer) is her stepbrother and Pooja Bhatt is her stepsister.
Actor Emraan Hashmi and director Mohit Suri are maternal cousins of this actress. Producer Mukesh Bhatt is her uncle.
- She was involved in controversy after participating in Extravaganza held at UP’s Safari village. There were Muzaffarnagar riots in UP at that time. Later, the girl apologized for her mistake.
- Alia’s was trolled when she appeared in Karan Johar’s show “Coffee with Karan“. She was labelled as “Beauty with Brain” due to lack of her General Knowledge.
- Her name was involved in the infamous AIB Roast scandal as a result of which FIR was lodged against the actress.
Songs Sung By Alia Bhatt
- “Sooha Saaha” in “Highway” (2014)
- Unplugged version of song “Samjhawan” from the movie “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania” (2014)
- “Ik Kuddi” (Club Mix) from movie “Udta Punjab” (2016)
- “Love You Zindagi” (Club Mix) and “Ae Zindagi Gale Laga Le-2″ from the movie “Dear Zindagi” (2016)
- Humsafar (Alia’s version) from the movie “Badrinath Ki Dulhania” (2017)
Well, the actress is known for her winsome and dynamic personality. This innocent-looking girl has light brown hair and black eyes.
She has a height of 5’3’ and weighs only 55 kg. Earlier, she was a bit healthier weighing 65 kg but she worked on it and lose around 10 kg for her debut movie “ Student of the Year “. Regular exercise and a strict diet plan for 3 months helped her in getting a slim body.
In her school days, Ramesh Dubay was her bf (6th standard). When she studied in 8th standard, she was in a relationship with Ali Dadarkar. Also, her name was linked with actor Varun Dhawan.
When she was just 11, she had a crush on Ranbir Kapoor. It was heard that she had affair with him during the “Brahamastra” movie. Finally, they both tied knots on 14 April 2023 at Ranbir Kapoor Bandra home Vastu.
Alia Bhatt’s Net Worth
Alia Bhatt net worth is $22 million as of 2023. As she belongs to a well-known Bhatt family, she didn’t need to struggle to rise in the Bollywood industry.
What does She Like Most?
- Reading books, and novels, playing with pets, traveling, playing handball, and singing are her hobbies.
- Red is her favorite color.
- She loves to eat Moong dal halwa, french fries, rasgulla, and ragi chips.
- DDLJ (Dil wale Dhulinia Le Jayenge) is her all-time favorite movie.
- AR Rehaman is her favorite musician.
- She is fond of dancing. Dance forms that she likes are ‘Kathak’ and ‘Ballet’.
- Himachal Pradesh and London are her favorite destinations.
- She admires Kangana Ranaut, Kareena Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Shahrukh Khan, and Govinda.
Some Unknown Facts About Her
- She takes alcohol.
- Alia Bhatt net worth is $22 million as of 2023. She is one of the youngest celebrity of india.
- She is an atheist by religion.
- She is a big animal lover and takes interest in the activities of PETA (People For Ethical Treatment of Animals). This NPO aims to raise awareness among the masses about homeless animals.
- Bhatt has fear of darkness and suffers from Achluophobia.
- She sleeps after writing a diary every night.
- In the year 2014, she developed her clothing brand for women. The products are thus sold on Jabong.com (an online shopping portal).
- She joined Shaimak Davar’s dancing school at a very small age i.e 4 years.
- She has shown her talent at several concerts and stage shows. Even she performed Filmfare, Screen, and Stardust award ceremonies.
- She prefers cold over hot food and beverages.
- She is a good painter too and has made lots of charcoal paintings.
- She also launched her line of handbags for VIP Industries in the year 2018.
- She loves to sleep and can sleep for more than 12 hours.
- The actress collaborated with Facebook Live for a campaign titled “Find Your Green”. It was regarding environmental protection.
- She owns Audi A6, Audi Q5, BMW 7-Series, Audi Q7 cars.
- She has a tattoo on the backside of her neck. “Pataka” is written in the Hindi language.
- While traveling by air, she becomes scared.
- She got her first role for the movie “Student of the Year” after beating 400 girls.
- Her future projects involve Abhishek Varman’s “Kalank“, Karan Johar’s ” Takht” and the sequel of the movie Sadak (1991).
- In August 2016, along with Varun Dhawan, Siddharth Malhotra, Roy Kapur, Katrina Kaif, Parineeti Chopra, and singer Badshah, Bhatt also performed in various cities of the US for “Dream Team 2016” tour.
- She is the founder of an ecological initiative named “CoExist“.
- The actress has got a very flexible body and can easily touch her toe to head.
- Despite using women’s perfume, she likes to use men’s perfume.
- Regarding her fame and earnings, she was named on the list of Celebrity 100 in Forbes India (2014). Also, her name appeared in a list of 30 Under 30 in Forbes Asia.
- In addition to acting, she is blessed with skills in singing also.
- She has a habit of smelling her fingers.
- She shares a good bonding with designer Masaba Gupta.
- She is a model too and has done various modeling assignments.
- AR Rehman invited her to join his music school to improve her singing.
- It is Alia’s wish to purchase a house in London.
- Her food is incomplete without curd, she is addicted to it.
- She didn’t want her dad to direct or produce her first film.
- It’s her wish to portray the character of Late Pakistani Pop singer Najia Hassan.
- She has also shot for Indian photographer Dabboo Ratnani’s Celebrity Calendar.
- She endorses products like Garnier, Maybelline, and Coca-Cola.
- She also acted in AIB’s short comedy video titled “Genius of the Year”.
- “Dil Hai k Manta Nahi” (1991) and “Hum Hai Rahi Pyaar K” (1993) are her favorite films among all produced by her dad.