Jean Smart is a well-reputed and versatile actress. She started her acting career in the early-70s and made a name for herself through fabulous theatre work.
Her success there fetched on-screen opportunities and Jean decided to bring her talent into the international limelight by working in both film and TV industries.
Smart got her first breakthrough in the entertainment industry with a lead role in the hit sitcom, Designing Women.
The show turned her into a household name and from there, she has gone on to achieve a legendary status in the industry.
Her vast acting portfolio includes numerous critically acclaimed and commercially successful projects, that put her in a league of her own.
Now as for her personal life, Jean Smart was married to actor Richard Gilliland. Unfortunately, he died in 2021 after a brief illness. The pair has two sons.
Jean Smart Personal Details
- Complete Name: Jean Elizabeth Smart
- Nicknames: Jean
- Date of Birth: September 13, 1951
- Birthplace: Seattle, Washington, United States
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actress
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Race/ Ethnicity: White
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Blonde
Jean Smart Body Measurements
Legendary actress Jean Smart’s height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurement statistics are shared below.
- Build: Slim
- Height in Feet: 5′ 10″
- Height in Centimeters: 178 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 59 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 130 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 9 (US)
- Father Name: Douglas Smart (Teacher)
- Mother Name: Kay Smart
- Siblings Name: Georgia Smart (Sister)
- Spouse Name: Richard Gilliland (m. 1987–2021)
- Children Name: Forrest Gilliland, and Connor Douglas Gilliland (Sons)
- Richard Gilliland – Actor
- First Film: Hoodlums (1980)
- First TV Show: Reggie (1983)
- Blue Eyes
- High Cheekbones
Jean Smart Interesting Facts
- She gave birth to her first child at age 38.
- She was diagnosed with diabetes at age 13.
- Jean has a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television.