Lando Norris is a British professional racing driver and social media star.
He is currently competing in Formula One with McLaren, racing under the British flag. He won the MSA Formula championship in 2015, and the Toyota Racing Series, Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0, and Formula Renault 2.0 Northern European Cup in 2016.
Norris was most recognized for driving for McLaren-Honda starting in 2017, as part of their young driver program. He shot to fame after he won the World Carting Championships held in Bahrain in 2013, after which he also won CIK-FIA European and CIK-FIA Supercup titles.
After he won the CIK-FIA KF World Championship in 2014, he became the youngest winner of the championship ever. In 2014, Lando also made his debut in the Ginetta Junior Championship and finished in 3rd place overall.
He achieved his first podium in Formula One at the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix and his best finish is second in the 2021 Italian Grand Prix, finishing behind teammate Daniel Ricciardo. His car number is 4.
What is Lando Norris Famous For?
- Lando Norris is famous for being one of the youngest racing drivers for McLaren.
- He is known for winning the MSA Formula championship (2015), Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 (2016), Formula Renault 2.0 Northern European Cup (2016), and Toyota Racing Series (2016).
Who are Lando Norris’s Parents?
Lando Norris was born on November 13, 1999, which makes him the present age of 22 as of 2022. He is from Bristol, England, the UK. He is British when it comes to his nationality and his ethnicity is Mixed. He is of British/English descent on his paternal side, and of Belgian descent on his maternal side. As per his birthdate, his zodiac sign falls under Scorpio. His religion is Christianity. His father, Adam Norris is a retired pensions manager, one of Bristol’s richest people and the 501st-richest in the country. His mother, Cisca is from the Flanders region of Belgium. He has two younger sisters (Flo and Cisca) and an older brother (Oliver).
About his education, he attended a private school, Millfield School, in Street, Somerset, England, United Kingdom, but left before he took his GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education). However, his parents hired him as a full-time personal tutor, and he began studying mathematics and physics.
Lando Norris Car Racing Career
- He developed an interest in motorcycle racing from an early age.
- His attention switched to four wheels after his father took him and his brother to watch a round of the Super 1 National Kart Championships.
- Then, he started his racing career at the age of seven when he claimed the pole position at his first national event.
- After that, he competed in KF-Junior karting, winning the CIK FIA European Championship and the International Super Cup, as well as the WSK Euro Series in 2013.
- Also, he won the CIK-FIA KF World Championship with Ricky Flynn Motorsport, making him the youngest karting world champion in 2014.
- He made his car racing debut in the Ginetta Junior Championship in 2014 finishing third.
- He signed with Carlin Motorsport to drive in the newly established MSA Formula Championship (now known as the F4 British Championship) in 2015.
- He raveled to New Zealand to compete in the Toyota Racing Series with the M2 Competition team in 2016.
- He achieved six race wins, including the New Zealand Grand Prix, and won the championship ahead of Jehan Daruvala.
- He returned to Europe to race in the Formula Renault 2.0 category with Josef Kaufmann Racing, competing in both the Eurocup and Northern European Cup which he won both.
- He raced full-time with Carlin in the 2017 European Formula 3 Championship.
- After that, he made his FIA Formula 2 debut with Campos Racing, replacing Ralph Boschung for the final round at Yas Marina Circuit.
- He competed full-time in the 2018 FIA Formula 2 Championship.
- He won the opening race at the Bahrain International Circuit from pole position.
- Next, he was signed as a junior driver with McLaren in February 2017.
- In late 2017, he became the official McLaren test and reserve driver for the 2018 season.
- He was contracted to drive for McLaren for the 2019 Formula One World Championship, partnering with Carlos Sainz Jr.
- At the Belgian Grand Prix, he made his way from eleventh up to fifth in the early stages of the race.
- At the Japanese Grand Prix, Norris finished eleventh.
- He finished his debut Formula One season eleventh in the drivers’ championship with 49 points.
- He then signed a multi-year contract to stay with McLaren for the 2020 season until 2022.
- At the Eifel Grand Prix, he retired from sixth place with a power unit failure in 2020.
- He finished fourth at the Bahrain Grand Prix and fifth at the season-finale Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- He qualified seventh for the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix and finished the race fourth in 2021.
- In February 2022, he signed a contract extension with McLaren that will see him be with the team until at least 2025.
- At the new Miami Grand Prix, Norris brought out the safety car when his McLaren MCL36 collided with Pierre Gasly’s AlphaTauri.
- In May 2022, despite suffering from tonsillitis, he came sixth in the Monaco Grand Prix and secured the fastest lap.
- He is set to remain with McLaren for 2023 where he is set to be partnered with the team by 2021 Formula 2 champion Oscar Piastri who is replacing Daniel Ricciardo.
Lando Norris Awards and Titles
- Autosport British Competition Driver of the Year (2021)
- Autosport British Competition Driver of the Year (2020)
- Autosport British Competition Driver of the Year (2019)
- Autosport National Driver of the Year (2017)
- McLaren Autosport BRDC Award (2016)
- Autosport British Club Driver of the Year (2016)
- FIA F3 European Championship
- Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 (2017)
- Formula Renault 2.0 NEC (2016)
- Toyota Racing Series (2016)
- MSA Formula (2015)
- Karting World Championship (2014)
What is Lando Norris’s Net Worth?
Lando Norris is a racing driver currently competing in Formula One with McLaren, racing under the British flag. He comes from a family of wealth. The net worth of Lando is believed to have $280 Million US Dollars (£206 Million UK Pounds) as of 2022. He is making an annual salary of $30 Million. He is enjoying a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings.
He had his hand on expensive cars since his childhood. His cars include Rolls-Royce Wraith, McLaren 720Sm Land Rover Defender, Mercedes-Benz AMG, Ferrari F8, and more.
Lando also raised $12,000 for the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund in support of the World Health Organization during an online streaming event on Twitch. He also founded Team Quadrant. In September 2021, he launched a kart racing brand known as the LN Racing Kart. The manufacturing is supported by the OTK Kart Group, while operations are carried out by Ricky Flynn Motorsport.
He has endorsed brands such as BELL Helmets, PAP, McLaren, Pure Scooters, Richard Mille Watches, Cool Performance, Coca-Cola, Dell, 7-Eleven, and more.
Who is Lando Norris’s Girlfriend?
Lando Norris is not married yet and he is assumed to be single at present. He is focused on his career rather than being in a relationship. His sexual orietnation is straight.
Previously, he dated his beautiful girlfriend, Luisinha Oliveira between August 2021 and September 2022. Luisinha is a Portuguese model & social media influencer by profession. Norris has stated he and his girlfriend were subject to abuse and death threats from online trolls.
How tall is Lando Norris?
Lando Norris stands at the perfect height of 5 ft 8 in or 173 cm and his body weight consist of 68 kg or 150 lbs. His body type is slim. His hair color is dark brown and his eye color is blue. He has thick eyebrows.
Subsequent to his Formula One debut in 2019, Norris confirmed that he had struggled with his mental health from the pressures of the sport, turning to the Mind charity for support. He himself is an advocate for increasing mental health visibility in sports.