Lucas Digne is a French professional footballer. He is playing for the Premier League club, Aston Villa, and the France national team. His playing position is left-back. He started his football career at Lille before he joined Paris Saint-Germain in 2013. After spending a season on loan at Roma, he moved to Barcelona in July 2016. He joined Everton in August 2018 before transferring to Aston Villa in January 2022. He won the 2013 World Cup with the France under-20 team and made his senior international debut in March 2014. He represented France at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 2016 (where his nation reached the final), and UEFA Euro 2020. His shirt number is #27 for his current team, Aston Villa.
What is Lucas Digne Famous For?
- Lucas Digne is a French professional footballer.
- He is famous for playing with the club, Aston Villa as a left-back.
What is Lucas Digne Nationality?
Lucas Digne took birth on 20th July 1993 which makes him the present age of 29 as of 2022. His place of birth is Meaux, France. He is French when it comes to his nationality and his ethnicity is French-white. His birth sign is Cancer. He is the son of Philippe (father) and Karine (mother). His dad worked in a printing house at Lizy-Sur-Ourcq near Meaux during Digne’s early life and also played for the first team of the left-back’s boyhood club Mareuil-Sur-Ocrcq. His mum once served as secretary of Digne’s boyhood club Mareuil-Sur-Ocrcq. He has a brother namely, Mathieu. He has not revealed information about his education.
Lucas Digne Football Career
- He started his football career with the team, Lille.
- He then signed with the team on 27th July 2010 for three years.
- He was promoted to the senior team permanently and assigned the number 3 shirt in the 2011-2012 season.
- He made his professional debut on 26 October 2011 against Sedan.
- He extended his contract until 2016 in January 2012.
- On 28 January, he made his Ligue 1 debut at the Stadium Nord Lille Metropole.
- After playing for Lille, he signed a five-year deal with Paris Saint-Germain on 17th July 2013 for a fee believed to be around €15 million.
- He played the full 90 minutes in the 2014 Trophée des Champions, against Guingamp.
- On 26th August 2015, Italian Serie A club Roma signed Digne from PSG on a season-long loan deal for €2.5 million, with the option to make the move permanent at the end of the season.
- He made his debut five days later, playing the entire match in a 2–1 victory against title holders Juventus at the Stadio Olimpico.
- He joined Spanish La Liga side Barcelona on a five-year deal on 13th July 2016. The fee was €16.5 million (£13.8 million), with the possibility to increase to €20.5 million (£17.1 million).
- On 14 August 2016, Digne made his first appearance for Barcelona in Sevilla.
- On 18 October 2017, he scored from Lionel Messi’s assist in a 3–1 home win over Olympiacos in the Champions League group stage.
- He joined English club Everton on 1 August 2018, for a five-year deal for an initial fee of £18 million.
- He made his debut ten days later against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- He made his first Premier League start against Huddersfield Town.
- He scored his first goal for the club on 10 December against Watford.
- On 13th January 2022, Aston Villa announced the signing of Digne from Everton for a fee of £25 million, with a contract until 2026.
- He made his debut two days later, against Manchester United.
- On 23rd August, he scored his first goal for the team in a 4–1 victory at Bolton Wanderers in the second round of the EFL Cup.
- On 21st September 2022, he suffered a stress fracture to his ankle whilst on international duty with France.
- After his recovery, he played against Newcastle United.
Lucas Digne International Career
- Regarding his international career, he was a French youth international and has represented his nation at the U16, U17, and U18 levels.
- At the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey, he played every match as France won the title.
- He was first called up for the senior side in February 2014, ahead of a friendly match against the Netherlands on 5 March.
- In June, manager Didier Deschamps named Digne as one of 23 members of the French squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
- He was chosen for the French squad that came runners-up on home soil at UEFA Euro 2016.
- He was put on standby for the squad at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Lucas Digne Awards and Achievements
- Ligue 1: 2013–14, 2014–15
- Coupe de France: 2014–15
- Coupe de la Ligue: 2013–14, 2014–15
- Trophée des Champions: 2013, 2014, 2015
- La Liga: 2017–18
- Copa del Rey: 2016–17, 2017–18
- Supercopa de España: 2016
- FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2013
- UEFA Nations League: 2020–21
- Everton Players’ Player of the Season: 2018–19 (shared with Idrissa Gueye)
- Aston Villa on 12 Jan 2022 for the fee of 30M €
- Everton on 31 Jul 2018 for the fee of 20.2M €
- Barcelona on 12 Jul 2016 for the fee of 16.5M €
- Paris Saint-Germain on 29 Jun 2016 at the end of the loan
- Roma on 25 Aug 2015 for the fee of 2.5M € on a loan
- Paris Saint-Germain on 16 Jul 2013 for the fee of 15M €
- Lille OSC on 30 Jun 2011
- LOSC Lille 2 on 30 Jun 2010 From Lille OSC U19
How much is Lucas Digne Net Worth?
Lucas Digne is a professional footballer whose net worth is estimated to have over $40 Million as of 2022. His annual salary is around $5 Million from his present team. On 17 July 2013, he signed a five-year deal with Paris Saint-Germain, on a fee believed to be around €15 million. On 13 July 2016, he joined Spanish La Liga side Barcelona on a five-year deal. The fee was €16.5 million (£13.8 million), with the possibility to increase to €20.5 million (£17.1 million), according to individual and team results. He joined English club Everton on 1 August 2018, for a five-year deal for an initial fee of £18 million. On 13 January 2022, Aston Villa announced the signing of Digne from Everton for a fee of £25 million, with a contract until 2026.
Playing for FC Barcelona, he earned $74,200 as his weekly wage as well as $3.8 million as his annual salary. He also collects a huge amount of money through his endorsement deal with various brands including Adidas. He owns an Audi RS Q3 car worth €70,360 delivered by Audi. His main source of wealth comes from his football career. He lives a lavish lifestyle at present.
Who is Lucas Digne married to?
Lucas Digne is a married man. On 27 December 2014, he married his girlfriend Tiziri, whom he met while both were in school. The couple has a son and a daughter. Tziri is a fitness and fashion enthusiast who looks forward to building a career in journalism. Today, the happily married couple is enjoying their present life a lot. His sexual orientation is straight.
How tall is Lucas Digne?
Lucas Digne stands tall at the height of 1.78 m or 5 feet 10 inches. His body weight consists of 74 Kg or 163 lbs. His chest size is 40 in, biceps size is 12 in, and waist size is 32 in. He has brown hair color with blue eyes. He wears a shoe size of 10 US. His body type is athletic.