Mona Singh born on 8 October 1981 (Age: 40 years, in 2021) in Chandigarh, India is an Indian actress and television presenter. She got huge fame for the comedy series, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin. Through her on-screen performances, the actress proved her acting prowess and made millions of fans.
|Real Name||Mona Jasbir Singh|
|Debut Tv||Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (2003)|
|Debut Film||3 Idiots (2009)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in centimeters– 158 cm
meters– 1.58 m
in feet inches– 5 feet 2 inches IMDb
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms– 56 Kg|
|Date of Birth||8 October 1981|
|Birth Palace||Chandigarh, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Age||40 years (in 2021)|
|Star Sign/Zodiac Sign||Libra|
|Education & Qualification|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Vayusena Nagar, Nagpur|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||27 December 2019|
|Affairs / Boyfriend||
|Parents||Father– Jasbir Singh (Retd. Colonel, Indian Army)
Mother– Rani Singh
|Siblings||Sister– Sona Singh (Elder)
Brother– Not Known
|Favorite Actor||Irrfan Khan|
|Favorite Films||The Bridges of Madison Country (1995)|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Rome|
|Favorite Colour||Pink, Blue|
|Net Worth and Car Collection|
|Net worth||10-12 Crore Indian Rupees (Approx, in 2021)|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
Mona Singh Physical appearance, Net Worth, Car Collection
- Birthday:- 8 October 1981
- Age:- 40 Years (in 2021)
- Height:- 158 cm, 5 feet 2 inch
- Weight:- 56 Kg
- Figure Measurement:- 33-28-34
- Net Worth:- 10-12 Crore Indian Rupees (Approx, in 2021)
- Car Collection:- Not Known
Family, Children, Husband, Boyfriend
Mona Singh born on 8 October 1981 is the daughter of Jasbir Singh and Rani Singh. Her elder sister’s name is Sona Singh. Her father Jasbir Singh was an Army officer.
Earlier, Mona Singh dated Karan Oberoi, she had worked with Karan Oberoi in the popular tv show Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, where, Mona played the role of Jassi and Karan played the role of Raghav Oberoi.
The duo dated each other for a while. After that, Mona Singh was once in a relationship with Bollywood actor Vidyut Jammwal.
However, the duo reportedly parted ways in 2014. It was Vidyut Jammwal who had confirmed their relationship.
In an interview with ETimes, he said, “This is the first time I am publicly revealing that Mona and I are dating.
I tell everybody that she is the person I am with, but I don’t want people to gossip about it.”
In 2019, Karan Oberoi revealed why he had to part ways with Mona Singh, Karan Oberoi said “I wanted to be with her.
She is a wonderful girl and a great artist. We were too young and different as people.
Mona is very social, and always bubbly but at that time marriage was not something she was looking at.
Her career was going great guns and she wanted to focus on that.”
On December 27, 2019, She married Filmmaker Shyam Rajagopalan in a traditional Sikh ceremony.
- Father Name:- Jasbir Singh
- Mother Name:- Rani Singh
- Brother Name:- Not Known
- Sister Name:- Sona Singh
- Affairs / Boyfriends:- Vidyut Jamwal (ex), Karan Oberoi (ex), Shyam Rajagopalan
- Husband Name:- Shyam Rajagopalan
- Children:- N/A
She completed her school education at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Vayusena Nagar, Nagpur
Mona Singh started her acting career with the TV show, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (2003). The series went on for three years and went off the air in 2006. After this, Mona appeared in Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi.
She made her Bollywood debut with Rajkumar Hirani’s directorial film, 3 Idiots. In 3 Idiots, she played the role of Pia (Kareena’s) sister.
Some of her TV shows that are loved by her fans are Kya Huaa Tera Vaada, Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar, Pyaar Ko Ho Jaane Do, Kavach…Kaali Shaktiyon Se.
She has participated as a contestant in many TV reality shows like Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena, and Meethi Choori No 1. She was the winner of the dance show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa: Season 1” (2006).
Mona has also hosted many reality TV shows including Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2, Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4, Star Ya Rockstar, Femina Miss India, and Comedy Nights Live.
Mona Singh made her digital debut with Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain, opposite Ronit Bose Roy and Gurdeep Kohli.
She also starred in The Viral Fever and Netflix series Yeh Meri Family, ZEE5, and ALT Balaji series Mission Over Mars, Black Widows.
Television Shows/Serials List
- Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin
- Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi
- Kya Huaa Tera Vaada
- Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar
- Pyaar Ko Ho Jaane Do
- Kavach…Kaali Shaktiyon Se
- Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain
- Yeh Meri Family
- M.O.M. – Mission Over Mars
- Black Widows
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 1
- Femina Miss India
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2
- Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena (TV series)
- Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega 1
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4
- Meethi Choori No 1
- Shaadi 3 Crore Ki
- Ratan Ka Rishta
- Star Ya Rockstar
- CID Veerta Awards
- Comedy Classes
- Comedy Nights Live
- Comedy Nights Bachao
- 3 Idiots
- Utt Pataang
- Zed Plus
- Ek Chotisi Ego
- Laal Singh Chaddha
- She froze her eggs when she was 34, and doesn’t worry about the biological clock ticking anymore. As per Etimes, Mona revealed why she underwent this procedure at the age of 34
- “I want to chill with my partner and travel the world with him. Even though I love kids, if you ask me now, I am not mentally prepared to have one. Later in life, I would definitely think about it.”
- In 2013, an alleged viral MMS of her got spread over the internet just before the release of her then-boyfriend Vidyut Jamwal’s film. Mona lodged a complaint with police, later Cyber police confirmed that the video was morphed.
- When they were dating, at an event Vidyut was reportedly asked about his then-girlfriend Mona’s MMS scandal and his opinion on the things happening against the dignity of women. As per IANS, Vidyut slammed a reporter and said, “I think men like you promote such things. People like you talk about these things, see them. Indian men should not support vulgarity in any form.”
- In 2012, she was the highest-paid Indian television actress, she was getting paid Rs. 1 lakh per day for the Tv serial, Kya Huaa Tera Vaada.
- Mona Singh says, “Whatever I have achieved today, whatever I am today is because of the serial Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin (2003). The response to the serial has been phenomenal. I never thought the serial would be such a huge hit. I feel really lucky. I guess the success is because of the serial’s concept, which is different from others.”
- Her upcoming film is Laal Singh Chaddha, scheduled to release on Christmas 2021.