The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Early Access Beta has officially begun, with PlayStation players pouring into the lobbies and taking out the competition with the all-new improvements that come with this new era of CoD.
We’ve had a chance to play the Beta and have all the great information you need to know once you decide to take on the beta. It’s important to note that the only ones playing right now are those who pre-ordered the game for a PlayStation console, so all players across the other platforms are going to have a chance to test it out in the coming days too.
Everything Included in the Modern Warfare 2 Early Access Beta: Weapons, Maps, Modes, and Operators
There’s a lot to take in during the beta, and we’ve managed to wrap our heads around everything you can test out in the beta, and have laid it all out below. Let’s check it all out!
there are exactly 22 weapons for players to use during the Beta, as well as the chance to choose Killstreaks and take a look at the vehicles that can be customized in the full release of Modern Warfare 2.
Here are all of the weapons available in the Beta:
- Lachmann Sub
- FSS Hurricane
- Fennec 45
- 556 Icarus
- RAPP H
- SAKIN MG38
There are 4 maps to play on during the Beta, all varying in size and gameplay strategy.
- Breenbergh Hotel – a prestigious evacuated hotel set in Amsterdam
- Farm 18 – a training facility that holds a shoothouse and abandoned factory within it.
- Mercado Las Almas – a small and hectic marketplace situated for fast-paced gameplay.
- Valderas Museum – a sleek environment that offers great open areas for combat.
There are 4 modes to play, with the returning modes taking place in Quickplay, while the new ones have their own set lobbies. Though it’s worth noting that you can choose which modes you want in Quickplay as well.
- Team Deathmatch
- Prisoner Rescue – New
- Knock Out – New
There are two factions of Operators for players to play as and you’ll be able to select one from each side you’d like to play as when part of that faction in-game.
- Specgru I
- Specgru II
- Specgru III
- Specgru IIII
- Kortac I
- Kortac II
- Kortac III
- Kortac IIII
Everything Else in The Modern Warfare 2 Beta
Some other things players will see in-game are:
- Hub – view your party and send invites as well as view friends that are online.
- Friends – view all of your friends list and see who plays MW2. You can also send party invites here too.
- Recent – view recent match stats.
- Progression – view your rank progression and unlocks that coincide with them.
- Channels – change between your party chat and game chat.
- Player Profile – change your Calling Card, Emblem, and Clan Tag.
That’s all there is to know about the Modern Warfare 2 Early Access Beta! Stay Frosty!
> Call of Duty Warzone Mobile: How it Works, Release Date, Cross-Progression, Maps, and Everything to Know