Call of Duty, as a franchise, has seen a lot of innovation in its movement systems. We’ve seen dolphin dives, jump boosts, wall running, a combination of the two, and even sliding. But with Modern Warfare 2, Activision and Infinity Ward are bringing the heat by incorporating two of the fan-favorite movement types into its gameplay. We finally have a combination of both dolphin diving and sliding! It’s a simple process to do each of them, so let’s explain how it’s done!
How to Slide and Dolphin Dive in Modern Warfare 2
While sliding in a Call of Duty title has been around since Call of Duty: Ghosts, we have not seen what players call dolphin dives since Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It was once a huge part of Call of Duty culture, with music videos, compilations, and even early internet memes talking about the matter.
So to have learned at the Call of Duty Next Showcase event on September 15 that dolphin dives would return alongside the typical slide function, the nostalgia and hype were really hitting hard. Luckily, players didn’t have to wait long though as the beta for Modern Warfare 2 arrived the following day, and it includes both movements!
> All Changes Coming in Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer: Gunsmith 2.0, Maps, Game Modes, Open Beta and More
Here’s how to do them!
- To slide in Modern Warfare 2, it’s practically the same as in the last few Call of Duty titles.
- You’ll need to pick up speed by either walking at full speed forwards or sprinting forwards.
- Next, hold your dedicated crouch bottom down quickly to begin a slide.
- You will not be able to get out of a slide until your character has finished the movement.
- If you’re looking to dive, on the other hand, it’s done similarly to sliding though handled slightly differently.
- To dolphin dive, you’ll have to pick up speed either by walking forward at full speed or sprinting forwards.
- Next, hold down your dedicated crouch button until your character launches into the air.
- As in typical dolphin diving fashion, your character will jump and then flop onto the ground.
That’s all you need to know about how to either slide or dolphin dive in Modern Warfare 2! It’s insanely fantastic to see both of these as an option in this title as it’s something players have wanted for a while and now Call of Duty is delivering! Be sure to try them both out during the Modern Warfare 2 Beta before the game’s full release on October 28!