In NBA 2K23, the shooting guard is relied on to be one of the team’s premier scorers and secondary ballhandlers. Meaning they not only need to be able to keep possession of the ball, but also shoot and score the ball consistently. They also tend to guard the other team’s best backcourt player on defense. As a result, the shooting guard you choose for your MyTeam is one of the most important decisions you’re going to make in NBA 2K23.
In this guide, we will break down the top 5 best shooting guards in NBA 2K23 MyTeam.
NBA 2K23: Top 5 Best Shooting Guards in MyTeam
Despite often being overlooked compared to the point guard, no team would be complete without a quality shooting guard. They help to space the floor out on offense and are often relied on to make a play in crucial moments of the game. Just think of guys like Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, and Dwyane Wade. These are some of the greatest closers in NBA history and they were all shooting guards.
> NBA 2K23 – Top 5 Best Point Guards in MyTeam
The following list ranks the best shooting guards in NBA 2K23 MyTeam from easiest to most difficult to get. Which will help to determine how quickly you can obtain these cards, and implement them into your starting lineup.
Without further ado, here are the top 5 best shooting guards in NBA 2K23 MyTeam;
- Pink Diamond John Havlicek – Let’s be honest, no list would be complete without a John Havlicek card. His Pink Diamond card, in particular, is very well-rounded and offers many of the same attributes as other cards on this list. Including a 97 Driving Layup, a 90 in Offensive and Defensive Consistency, an 85 Post Fade, and 88 Perimeter Defense. Unfortunately, the only way to get this card is by completing all of the domination matches with full stars, which is extremely difficult.
- Domination Rewards Mitch Richmond – If you’re in search of an elite SG that can stroke it from downtown, look no further than Mitch Richmond. He has incredible shooting stats from the outside and is one of the more reliable perimeter threats in NBA 2K23 MyTeam. With an 88 Three-point shot, a 94 Shot Mid, 88 Shot Close, 87 Driving Layup, and 98 Hands, you’ll struggle to find a better option than Mitch Richmond at the shooting guard position.
- Diamond Limitless Zach LaVine – LaVine’s Diamond Limitless card is one of the most well-rounded shooting guards in NBA 2K23 MyTeam. With a 95 Driving Dunk, a 91 Driving Layup, a 92 Close Shot, and a 95 Vertical, just keeping up with him is going to be a challenge. He also carries an impressive 88 three-point shooting ability, solid defensive stats, and a 94 overall rating. It’s also worth noting that he has the limitless take-off badge, which allows him to complete a driving dunk from just about anywhere on the court.
- Michael Jordan (89) – Who else if not the G.O.A.T.? Not only is he the cover star of NBA 2K23, but MJ also has one of the better MyTeam cards as well. He carries a 99 Shot IQ, a 95 Vertical, 99 Hands, 89 Driving Layup, and an 84 in Pass Perception. While he falls short in his three-point shot (60), he more than makes up for it with his ability to drive to the basket and defend along the perimeter. It’s not without flaws, but Michael Jordan’s base card is still an excellent addition to any roster.
- Luka Doncic (90) – With an overall rating of 90, a 90 offense, and an 80 defense, Luka Doncic presents one of the better shooting guard cards in NBA 2K23 MyTeam. While not quite as overpowered as in NBA 2K22, Doncic still possesses strong all-around stats. Including 90 Shot Close, 89 Driving Layup, 89 Draw Foul, 89 Offensive Consistency, and a whopping 99 Shot IQ. Presenting a card that will offer a lot to your team on both ends of the floor.
That’s everything you need to know about the top 5 best shooting guards in NBA 2K23 MyTeam. If you’re interested in more NBA 2K23 content, be sure to check out our guides section here at Surprise Sports. Where you can find loads of helpful information such as how to become a starter in MyCareer or how to call a screen in NBA 2K23.