The match is played in Khalifa International Stadium (Sun, Nov 27 2022). Although Canada took the lead for the first time in World Cup history only 120 seconds into the match, Croatia rallied to win 4-1 at the Khalifa International Stadium, effectively ending Canada’s World Cup ambitions.
Canada never gave up hope and kept pressing until the final whistle blew, but defensive miscommunication allowed two more goals to go in after the break: Perisic set up Kramaric for his second of the game after 70 minutes, and then Majer finished the game with a tap-in.
Full Time – Croatia 4 – 1 Canada
- 2 Minutes of 1st Half – Canada scored their first World Cup goal. The star man Alphonso Davies scored and Tajon Buchanan with the assist. Davies charges in between Lovren and Juranovic to meet a beautiful cross from Buchanan in the penalty area.
- 36 Minutes of 1st Half – Andrej Kramaric Scored for Croatia. Ivan Perisic with assists. Score level 1-1. Dalic’s team creates space for Perisic in the left corner of the penalty area with a few fast passes. He slips a deceptive pass into the penalty area, and Kramaric calmly slots home the winner.
- 44 Minutes of 1st Half – Marko Livaja scores for Croatia and Josip Juranovic with the assist. Juranovic’s sharp run brings Croatia near Canada’s penalty area, where Miller slides in. The attacking full-back passes to Livaja after the ball bobbles. Then Livaja scores calmly.
- 70 Minutes of 2nd Half – Andrej KKramaric scores again and again assisted by Ivan Perisic. Again, Perisic orchestrates the play from the left side of the penalty area, this time sending a lovely cross to the far post where Kramaric can pounce on it.
- 90+4 Minutes of 2nd Half – Lovro scores for Croatia, the score is 4-1. Assisted by Mislav Orsic. Miller gives up a goal when he should be the last line of defense, allowing Orsic and Majer to score after a break into the box.
|Winner/Loser||Croatia Won||Canada Loss|
|Total Shots (On Target)||10||2|
|Player Of The Match||Andrej Kramaric|
Point table of Group (F) after this match