FA Cup this weekend saw 20 Premier League teams compete in the competition, however not all of the teams made it to the next round.
Stevenage’s stunning victory against Aston Villa was followed by defeats for Newcastle at Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest at the hands of Blackpool, and Bournemouth at the hands of Burnley.
Manchester United, Manchester City, Southampton, and West Ham advanced to the next round as Everton, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, and Brentford all lost to Premier League opponents.
Wolves and Liverpool drew and will play again, Tottenham, Leicester City, Fulham, and Brighton resisted upset attempts, while Leeds will need to face Cardiff City again.
If the Gunners perform well against Oxford United on Monday, the winner of the third-round draw may visit Manchester City.
Scroll down to the bottom of this post for the complete fourth-round draw.
Chelsea has lost the last three FA Cup Finals, but that streak has ended after Graham Potter’s team suffered a lopsided defeat to Man City in the Blues’ first FA Cup game.
Here’s all the results from the Third Round games on Sunday and more brought to you by FUTBALNEWS:
Sunday, January 8
- Bristol City 1-1 Swansea City
- Derby County 3-0 Barnsley
- Cardiff City 2-2 Leeds United
- Hartlepool United 0-3 Stoke City
- Norwich City 0-1 Blackburn Rovers
- Stockport County 1-2 Walsall
- Aston Villa 1-2 Stevenage
- Manchester City 4-0 Chelsea
Monday, January 9
- Oxford United vs Arsenal (8 p.m.)
FA Cup fourth-round draw
After defeating Chelsea, Manchester City will host either Oxford United or Arsenal in the fourth round of the FA Cup.
Paul Ince, the manager of Reading, will visit his old team, Manchester United, at Old Trafford.
While Preston North End will visit Tottenham Hotspur and National League side Wrexham will face off against National League opponent Sheffield United, Brighton will host either Liverpool or Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The fourth round will commence from January 27 through January 30.
In other matches, Sheffield Wednesday will play Fleetwood Town of League One after they eliminated Newcastle United, and Blackpool will go to Southampton following their 4-1 victory over Nottingham Forest.
Draw in full
- Preston v Tottenham
- Southampton v Blackpool
- Wrexham v Sheffield United
- Ipswich v Burnley
- Manchester United v Reading
- Luton Town/Wigan v Grimsby Town
- Derby County v West Ham
- Stoke City v Stevenage
- Blackburn v Forest Green Rovers/Birmingham City
- Walsall v Leicester City
- Sheffield Wednesday v Fleetwood Town
- Manchester City v Oxford United/Arsenal
- Bristol City/Swansea v Chesterfield/West Brom
- Brighton v Liverpool/Wolves
- Fulham v Sunderland
- Boreham Wood/Accrington Stanley v Cardiff/Leeds
What does each club get in FA Cup prize money?
If they get to round four, winning clubs will collect £105,000 from the FA’s tournament reward fund.
For clubs playing at the top of the football pyramid, the sum is insignificant, but for the big boys of the Premier League, it can be a large sum.
The following are the winning and losing prizes from each FA Cup round:
- First round qualifying winners: £2,250
- First round qualifying losers: £750
- Second round qualifying winners: £3,375
- Second round qualifying losers: £1,125
- Third round qualifying winners: £5,625
- Third round qualifying losers: £1,875
- Fourth round qualifying winners: £9,375
- Fourth round qualifying losers: £3,125
- First round proper winners: £41,000
- Second round proper winners: £67,000
- Third round proper winners: £105,000
- Fourth round proper winners: £120,000
- Fifth round proper winners: £225,000
- Quarterfinal winners: £450,000
- Semifinal winners: £1 million
- Semifinal losers: £500,000
- Final runners-up: £1m
- Final winners: £2m