The official ball of the FIFA World Cup is given the name “Al Rihla” by Adidas. The name “Al Rihla” derives from the Arabic word for “the journey” and is inspired by Qatar’s culture, architecture, and symbols, including its unique boats and flag.
It is scheduled to be used for the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022. This is Adidas’s 14th consecutive design for the official ball used in the FIFA World Cup. According to the maker, this is the fastest ball that has ever been “in flight” in the history of tournaments.
The ball has been redesigned to allow for the quickest possible play. The cutting-edge panel form and surface texturing of the Al Rihla contribute to the ship’s unmatched precision and reliability when operating in the stadium. This article provides comprehensive information about the FIFA World Cup ball.
The 2022 World Cup will take place in Qatar in November. 32 different countries will compete for the most prestigious prize in international football.
World Cup Ball Features
- The Al Rihla ball is the first ball in the history of the FIFA World Cup to be manufactured using only water-based inks and glues.
- When designing the ball, we kept the environmental impact in mind. It possesses macrotextures as well as microtextures, in addition to surface debossing.
- It is said that the Al Rihla travels through the air at a faster speed than any of the previous World Cup balls. The ball has accuracy not only in terms of its rebound but also in terms of its shape and its ability to retain air pressure.
- The ball’s core provides quickness, accuracy, and consistency for games with a lot of back-and-forth movement. Because of the improved design, the ball may go through the air at a substantially higher speed while maintaining its momentum.
- The textured PU skin on the Al Rihla and its revised 20-piece panel shape improve accuracy and flying stability.
How much does the World Cup match ball weigh?
The 2022 World Cup ball is expected to weigh around 420 grams.
How much does it cost to buy the World Cup ball?
The World Cup ball is available on the Adidas official website.
- For those in the United States, the Al Rihla may be purchased via Adidas’s official website for $165.
- If you live in the United Kingdom, you may purchase one for £130.
- The price for the official World Cup ball for European Fans is €155.
Related: How to Watch the FIFA World Cup In Argentina