Match Summary –
Argentina wins on Penalty and cruises to the semifinal of the World Cup. Finally, Argentina makes it through to the semifinals with a last-second victory. After making a late comeback and getting two goals from Wout Weghorst in the last seconds of regulation and overtime, the Orange ultimately came up short. Eventually, penalties were required, and the Albiceleste advanced to the semi-finals thanks to a 4-3 shootout triumph and to two fantastic stops by Emi Martinez.
Full Time – Netherlands 2 – 2 Argentina (Pen 3-4)
Key Moments –
- 35 Minutes of 1st Half – Nahuel Molina scores for Argentina. Messi shrugs off defenders and sprints through the middle of the field before slipping a pass through the narrow space between the goalposts. Molina grabs it, goes around Blind, and stabs it past Noppert for the 1-0 lead for Argentina.
- 73 Minutes of 2nd Half – Messi Scores a penalty after Acuna was fouled.
- 83 Minutes of 2nd Half – Weghorst scores a great header for the Netherlands. Berghuis with an assist.
- 90+11 Minutes of 2nd Half – From a free kick the Netherlands scores again. Weghorst with the goal again
- Emi Martinez saves two penalty and seals the deal for Argentina
|Total Shots (On Target)||2||5|
|Player Of The Match||Lionel Messi|