The most anticipated sport of all time, FIFA World Cup 2022, the most renowned football tournament, has returned to us for the 22nd time with a series of bangs!
All the fans are excited at the prospect of the 64 matches between the 32 teams leading to the eventual victory. It is being held in Qatar, where tickets are scarce and expensive.
But of course, some of us need to watch it online because going to Qatar is not easy for us or our bank balances. So today, I will be telling you guys how you can watch the FIFA World Cup 2022 live online on ITVX.
What is ITVX?
ITVX is a video-on-demand streaming service available for UK residents only. It was formerly known as ITV Hub before rebranding gave it the new name. The platform was available for EU state members until the UK departed from the European Union.
Before using their new name, they were referred to as ITV Network Player in branding and communication around programming intended for consumption in the UK, such as by Virgin Media.
The streaming platform is accessible through the main website: itv.com
The website provides us with various programs, from homegrown to sports. They also have movies, series, and TV shows. Some movies and shows are not yet on the platform due to rights issues, but they will be available soon.
But the platform is one of the best free streaming services, despite the technical difficulties. They already have World up-related programs, so we know they will also let us watch the FIFA World Cup 2022.
Steps to Watch the FIFA World Cup 2022 on ITVX
As mentioned earlier, ITVX is a UK-based video-on-demand streaming platform service. But we can bypass that easily with a VPN! So no need to ask how to watch the FIFA World Cup 2022 on ITVX.
The easy steps to watching the matches on ITVX are as follows:
- Get yourself a paid or free VPN to bypass the UK residents-only limitation. Some of the best free VPNs are as follows:
- Hola VPN
- Windscribe VPN
- Proton VPN
- SurfShark VPN
All of the above VPNs provide limited data usage, so use it wisely! But if you can afford a paid VPN, NordVPN or ExpressVPN is the way to go.
- Turn on your chosen VPN and head to the website, itv.com
- Upon loading up the site, you need to click on the profile icon in the top right corner to get a registered account. ITVX does not let you stream anything without a registered account.
- Once you click on the “Register Now” button, they’ll redirect you to a page where they’ll ask for login details. Just put in a valid email address along with an easy-to-remember password.
- Click “Next,” and then you’ll be taken to another page, where you’ll be asked for your name. Fill it up accordingly and move on.
- Then you’ll be taken to the next page, where they’ll ask you for your birthdate and year. Fill it up accordingly with your information.
- Afterward, they will ask you for a postcode. This is crucial because you must put in a UK postal code. An example is: E1 7BS
- Click “Next,” and you will be redirected to the last page. This is the page where they’ll ask you for email verification. All you have to do is check your inbox and find the email with the verification link in it.
- You’ll have to click on the “Verify your email now” button, and you’re done! You’ll be redirected to the main website, where you can choose to either stream on their website or download the ITVX app.
If you’ve followed all of the above steps correctly, you can easily access your ITVX account and stream the FIFA World Cup 2022 matches easily!
Just make sure your VPN is connected when you’re using the platform, or else you will be disconnected.
Overall, we’re looking forward to an amazing tournament this year with our favorites and every other nation playing. All 64 matches of the FIFA World Cup 2022 look to make the audience riled up and make them crazy with the suspense of waiting to know who shall be the victor this year.
So make sure to pick one of the VPNs given above and dive into ITVX to live stream the match because they will be fascinating.
- Related: How to Watch FIFA World Cup on Mac