Are you a fan of France.tv and have been streaming it outside France with a VPN, but now you can not access it? Has your VPN stopped working with France.tv? If yes, then we have bad news for you.
Unfortunately, the VPN service you have been using was not good enough and got detected by the geo-restriction operator of France.tv. Now, the VPN and the server you were using are blacklisted and you can not watch France.tv. So, you need to subscribe to a premium VPN service to get France IP address so that you can resume streaming France.tv.
But to stay ahead of this problem, we need to understand a few things, so keep reading as we are going to unpack this all for you, along with the fixes you can apply in such a situation.
What makes France.tv block a VPN connection?
Although VPNs are often used to stream France.tv outside France, it can give off the impression as if France.tv is violating the copyrights contracts it has signed with its media providers. These kinds of violations might result in hefty financial penalties. France.tv does not want that to happen, hence it disables the access of VPN to its platform.
These VPN restrictions are the reason you have trouble accessing France.tv using your VPN. Your VPN is unable to circumvent these restrictions.
How is a VPN blocked by France.tv?
France.tv restricts VPNs using three methods:
- The most frequent method is using the IP addresses provided by your VPN. VPN services have more users than they’re able to offer IP addresses for, which implies that many users can share the same IP addresses. Only a family with a few streaming devices typically uses the IP address their ISP provides. So, when ISP notices a large number of connections with the same IP, it identifies that connection as a VPN connection and bans it.
- France.tv scans for DNS, IP, and WebRTC breaches that may indicate that you are employing a VPN.
- France.tv partners with GeoIP services such as Maxmind to detect IP addresses. If an IP address provided by your VPN appears in any of these systems, your ISP will pinpoint the location you are trying to connect to the website from and they will ban you.
Relatively small VPNs fail to circumvent these filtering measures, and as a result, their IPs are blacklisted. This is probably what happened when you used a VPN to access France.tv, and that is the reason you can no longer have access to France.tv using VPN.
Follow the instructions below to overcome France.tv not functioning with VPN.
3 Easy Fixes to solve France.tv VPN Error
Try these changes in the order given. If one does not perform, try another until you can use France. tv using a VPN once again.
France.tv employs Cookies to improve your online streaming experience. Cookies are not harmful files, they’re just small files intended to enhance your online experience with France.tv. The issue is that these Cookies usually carry details about your whereabouts.
If the data saved on your Cookies differs from the IP address provided by your VPN, France.tv detects this and disables your connection. When attempting to resolve France.tv not operating with VPN, clearing your Cookies is a smart starting point.
Switch to a different French server
If you’re still having problems accessing France.tv with your VPN, simply switch to another French server. The reason that you’re experiencing difficulty connecting to France.tv with your VPN might be that the streaming provider has banned the present IP address assigned to you by your VPN.
Changing servers will provide you with a new IP address, so if this address is not blacklisted, you might be authorized to use France.tv using your VPN once again.
Buy a premium VPN
If changing your servers and removing your cookies did not alleviate the issue, France.tv has succeeded in blacklisting all IP addresses that your VPN may offer. There are two options available from here:
- You may hang tight until your VPN provides fresh IP addresses that are unrestricted, but this might take a while, and there’s no telling how long it might take for the VPN to resolve this issue.
- You may also do it yourself. The easiest approach to resolve France.tv VPN issues is to update to a VPN that is currently functional with France.tv.
ExpressVPN ($6.67/month) is excellent for accessing France.tv in countries where it is unavailable. Every VPN does have the possibility of being banned by ISPs; how the top VPNs respond to this issue distinguishes them from the rest.
When your ISP detects an ExpressVPN ($6.67/month) IP address, it will shut that IP address and establish a new one that is .not blocked This will save you from experiencing the problems you have with your existing VPN and will help you use France.tv consistently from anywhere around the world.
Is France.tv still accessible through VPNs?
France.tv still operates with VPNs, but you must choose a VPN that can keep up with France.tv ban on VPN apps. VPN providers such as ExpressVPN ($6.67/month) and NordVPN excel at this. These VPNs work the best with France.tv as they play hide-and-seek games with streaming providers.
If an ExpressVPN ($6.67/month) or Private Internet Access ($2.03/month) IP address is prohibited by France.tv, ExpressVPN ($6.67/month) and Private Internet Access ($2.03/month) will terminate that IP address and set up a new one.
This implies that no matter the number of IP addresses blocked by France.tv, there will still be an IP address available that you can connect to, providing you reliable access to France.tv from wherever in the world.