After a three-year break due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Presidents Cup returns this week at Quail Hollow Club, Charlotte, North Carolina. The U.S. and International (except Europe) teams, each having 12 players, will compete in the match-play golf competition from 22-25 Sept. Here we have the Presidents Cup 2022, dates, format, TV coverage schedule, tee times, and pairings.
Team U.S. leads the competition with an 11-1-1 record. Their last defeat came dating back to 1998, and the draw came in 2003.
The fans hope for another nail-biting finish like last year’s Presidents Cup. Team US, captained by Tiger Woods, entered the final day of singles matches trailing by 8-10. They won six singles and tied four on the final day to take the title by 16-14 points.
On the other hand, team U.S. will miss Will Zalatoris due to a back injury.
Alright, let’s ask a fun question. Who eats the most on the Int team?
President Cup 2022: Dates and Format
It will be a four-day competition starting on Thursday, 22 September, at Quail Hollow Club, Charlotte, North Carolina. The competition will end with the Final Round on Sunday, 28 Sept. The play will go underway on Thursday at 1:00 pm ET.
It will be a 30-match team competition – 9 four-balls, 9 foursomes, and 12 singles matches.
The teams will get one point for winning each match, earning a half-point for tied matches. The team winning more points will be the champions.
- Round 1 on Thursday: Five Foursome Matches
- Round 2 on Friday: Five Four-ball Matches
- Round 3 on Saturday: Four Four-ball matches and Four Foursome Matches
- Round 4 on Sunday: 12 Singles Matches
Two teams of two golfers each, with alternating shots. The players will alternate tee shots. The team that completes the hole in the fewest shots will win the hole.
Two teams of two golfers each, with each golfer playing his shot. The team with the golfer who has the lowest score on a hole wins the hole.
One-on-one matches with the lowest strokes winning.
Presidents Cup TV Coverage
Fans can watch the Presidents Cup 2022 live on TV via Golf Channel and NBC Sports.
Golf Channel will provide exclusive coverage of the first two rounds on Thursday and Friday. Moreover, they will provide early coverage of the final two rounds.
NBC will cover the vast majority of the Third Round on Saturday. They will exclusively broadcast the Final Round on Sunday.
The cable-cutters can catch the Presidents Cup live stream on NBCSports.com, the NBC Sports app, and Peacock.
Here’s the TV Schedule
All times in ET
- Thursday, September 22: 12:30-6 p.m. (Golf Channel)
- Friday, September 23: 11:30 a.m.-6 p.m. (Golf Channel)
- Saturday, September 24: 7-8 a.m. (Golf Channel); 8 a.m.- 6 p.m. (NBC)
- Sunday, September 25: 12-6 p.m. (NBC)
Presidents Cup 2022: Tee Times and Pairings
The U.S. Captain Davis Love III will deploy Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schauffele to tee off the first foursome match on Thursday. The International Captain Trevor Immelman will put Adam Scott and Hideki Matsuyama forward for the first match. The first match will go underway at 1:05 pm ET.
Thursday Foursomes matchups are in!
⛳️ 1:05 p.m.
⛳️ 1:17 p.m.
⛳️ 1:29 p.m.
⛳️ 1:41 p.m.
S. W. Kim/Davis
⛳️ 1:53 p.m.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) September 21, 2022
Tee Times for the First Round
All times in ET
- 1:05 p.m. Patrick Cantlay/Xander Schauffele (U.S.) vs. Adam Scott/Hideki Matsuyama (International)
- 1:17 p.m. Jordan Spieth/Justin Thomas (U.S.) vs. Sungjae Im/Corey Conners (International)
- 1:29 p.m. Cameron Young/Collin Morikawa (U.S.) vs. Tom Kim/K.H. Lee (International)
- 1:41 p.m. Scottie Scheffler/Sam Burns (U.S.) vs. Si Woo Kim/Cam Davis (International)
- 1:53 p.m. Tony Finau/Max Homa (U.S.) vs. Taylor Pendrith/Mito Pereira (International)