UFC 264 is just around the corner and we cannot wait to see Conor “The Notorious” McGregor (22-5 MMA, 10-3 UFC) and Dustin “The Diamond” Poirier (27-6 MMA, 19-5 UFC) fight at the main event.
The next star-studded matchup we have is between Stephen Thompson and Gilbert Burns. The Wonder Boy last appeared in a UFC octagon in December 2020 where he defeated Geoff Neill via decision.
However, Burns is coming off a loss in the welterweight title fight against his former training partner and champion, Kamaru Usman. The Nigerian Nightmare knocked Burns out at the beginning of the third round at the UFC 258 main event held this February.
When is UFC 264?
The UFC 264 will kick start on July 10 (Saturday) at 10 pm Eastern Time (7:30 IST).
Where is UFC 264?
The T-mobile arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, will host the UFC 264.
How can I watch UFC 264 live stream?
UFC 264 live stream is available via ESPN+.
Indian fans can catch UFC 264 on Sony Ten 2 and Sony Ten 3, whereas people who want to enjoy live streaming of the fight night can get a Sonyliv subscription.
1. Lightweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor
2. Welterweight bout: Gilbert Burns vs. Stephen Thompson
3. Heavyweight bout: Tai Tuivasa vs. Greg Hardy
4. Women’s Bantamweight bout: Irene Aldana vs. Yana Kunitskaya
5. Bantamweight bout: Sean O’Malley vs. Kris Moutinho
1. Welterweight bout: Carlos Condit vs. Max Griffin
2. Welterweight bout: Niko Price vs. Michel Pereira
3. Featherweight bout: Ryan Hall vs. Ilia Topuria
4. Middleweight bout: Dricus du Plessis vs. Trevin Giles
Early Preliminary Card
1. Women’s Flyweight bout: Jennifer Maia vs. Jessica Eye
2. Middleweight bout: Omari Akhmedov vs. Brad Tavares
3. Flyweight bout: Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs. Jerome Rivera
4. Middleweight bout: Alen Amedovski vs. Hu Yaozong
What happened at the last pre-fight press conference?
The Notorious has returned to his vintage trash-talking this time around. In the last press conference held in Vegas, he even tried to kick Poirier during the face-off.
Dana White tried to keep the distance between the two fighters and McGregor’s shoe just brushed off Diamond’s shirt. But the No 1 contender in the lightweight division seemed unfazed.
After the presser wrapped up, the Louisiana star told ESPN that he was expecting the Notorious to do so.
“I felt like I saw a guy who is unsure of himself, scared, trying to hype himself up,” the Diamond remarked. “I felt good … I knew he was going to be acting crazy but to see him in the flesh, it just made me feel good because he is that little guy. Not that guy he used to be, I feel, or through my eyes, anyway.”
Poirier felt that it is in McGregor’s personality to pull off such antics prior to his fight whereas he doesn’t resort to such actions.
“Just how crazy (he was). I feel like he has to work himself up to be that guy and I am that guy. I don’t have to do that, I know. If you had got close enough, you’d have seen it. That’s it. That’s just it. I know who I am. I don’t have to be crazy,” Poirier continued.
“It was kind of like that made him less powerful because he’s talking silly stuff about my wife, she’s my husband or something. Like, what the [censored] are you even talking about. He shouldn’t even be talking about marriages with the sh*t he’s out there doing.”