Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori will match up for the UFC Middleweight title on Saturday, October 23 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas for the UFC Fight Night 196.
Vettori lost against Israel Adesanya via a unanimous decision. This ended the five-fight winning steak of this fighter. The Italian is hoping to start another winning steak by defeating Costa.
Costa is not in the ring for 13 months. This will give an advantage Vettori. He suffered from a second-round TKO against the UFC middleweight champion Adesanya last September. After that, he didn’t participate in any match.
Today, we will know about when, where, and how to watch the match along with the odds and prediction:
When and Where is UFC Fight Night 196?
Date: The match will be held on Saturday, Oct. 23
Time: The prelims are expected to start at 4 p.m. ET. The ring walks off the main event will start at 7 p.m. ET. It will depend on the length of the preliminary events.
Venue: The fight takes place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. So the people around Nevada will be able to watch the match from the stadium. The stadium has a capacity of 20,000 spectators. Buy your tickets, if you want to watch the match from the stadium.
How to watch UFC Fight Night 196?
ESPN+ will be broadcasting the full UFC Fight Night 196 for their subscriber. You can subscribe to their monthly package of $6.99 or yearly package of $69.99.
In the United Kingdom, the match will be broadcast on BT Sport 2. They have their mobile app. You will be able to take the monthly pass with £25 and cancel it anytime. You won’t need any BT broadband connection.
Sony Liv App and website will show the UFC Fight Night 196 in India. The subscription is available at Rs. 299 for a month, Rs. 699 for six months, and Rs. 999 for a full year. Sony TEN 2 (English) and Sony TEN 3 (Hindi) will also broadcast the match on television.
Read More: UFC signed a new deal with Venum Brazil
Paul Costa Record and Bio:
- Nationality: Brazil
- Date of birth: Apr. 21, 1991
- Height: 6″
- Reach: 72″
- Total fights: 14
- Record: 13-1-0
Marvin Vettori Record and Bio:
- Nationality: Italy
- Date of birth: Sept. 20, 1993
- Height: 6″
- Reach: 74″
- Total fights: 23
- Record: 17-5-1
UFC Fight Night 196 Fight Card:
- Paulo Costa vs. Marvin Vettori; Light Heavyweight
- Grant Dawson vs. Ricky Glenn; Lightweight
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Joselyne Edwards; Women’s bantamweight
- Alex Caceres vs. Seungwoo Choi; Men’s featherweight
- Dwight Grant vs. Francisco Trinaldo; Welterweight
- Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Ike Villanueva; Light heavyweight
- Junyong Park vs. Gregory Rodrigues; Middleweight
- Alan Patrick vs. Mason Jones; Lightweight
- Tabatha Ricci vs. Maria Oliveira; Strawweight
- Jamie Pickett vs. Laureano Staropoli; Middleweight
- Khama Worthy vs. Jai Herbert; Lightweight
- Jeff Molina vs. Daniel Lacerda; Men’s flyweight
- Livinha Souza vs. Randa Markos; Strawweight
- Aaron Phillips vs. Jonathan Martinez; Men’s bantamweight
Costa is a good fighter. He has great speed and agility. He will try to give a good fight on Saturday night. On the other hand, Vettori has not been in the ring for a long time. He last fought over a year ago. He will try to make a comeback in today’s match.
Prediction: Costa will win with a knockout.