The NASCAR Cup Series is back in action with the 2022 South Point 400, the first race of round 8. Here you will know the South Point 400 time, odds, prediction, and watching guide.
What is the NASCAR South Point 400?
South Point 400 is a stock car race part of the NASCAR Cup Series. The race originated in 2018 in the 70th season of NASCAR. Brad Keselowski of Team Penske won the inaugural event. In the next three seasons, the race was attended by leading stock car racing drivers from across the globe. 2022 is no exception.
The 2022 South Point 400 marks the 5th edition of the race. This year’s entry list of 36 drivers is led by Joey Logano, who has the highest AFP (8.9) among the active drivers. He is joined by other top drivers such as 2-time winner; Kevin Harvick, Kyle Larson, Kurt Busch, and more. Denny Hamlin, the defending champion, has returned to Vegas to retain his crown.
With an entry list filled with so many elite drivers, we expect to witness an exciting race from start to finish at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway this Sunday.
The 2022 South Point 400: Date, Time, and Location
- Date: 16 October 2022
- Start Time: 02:30 pm ET
The Nascar South Point 400 is scheduled to be played on Sunday, the 16th of October. The race is expected to start at 02:30 ET. The qualifying round was raced a day earlier, on the 15th of October.
- Course: Permanent racing facility of Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Location: Las Vegas Valley, Nevada.
- Distance: 267 laps.
The course of the Nascar South Point 400 consists of 267 laps. They cover a distance a total of 400.5 mi (640.8 km). However, the length of the asphalt speedway where the race will be contested is 1.5 mi (2.4 km).
How to Watch the NASCAR South Point 400 on TV and Online
The race will start at 2:30 p.m. ET and will air on NBC.
If you are not in front of a TV, you can view the race via live stream at NBC Live Stream or through the NBC Sports Live app. You will need a cable log-in to stream the race, so if you don’t have one, you can get a trial from YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, AT&T TV Now, FuboTV, or Sling TV to stream it.
South Point 400 Lineup
(Car number in parentheses)
1. (8) Tyler Reddick, Chevrolet
2. (2) Austin Cindric, Ford
3. (24) William Byron, Chevrolet
4. (12) Ryan Blaney, Ford
5. (22) Joey Logano, Ford
6. (99) Daniel Suárez, Chevrolet
7. (20) Christopher Bell, Toyota
8. (21) Harrison Burton, Ford
9. (45) Bubba Wallace, Toyota
10. (3) Austin Dillon, Chevrolet
11. (1) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet
12. (17) Chris Buescher, Ford
13. (4) Kevin Harvick, Ford
14. (5) Kyle Larson, Chevrolet
15. (34) Michael McDowell, Ford
16. (14) Chase Briscoe, Ford
17. (48) Noah Gragson, Chevrolet
18. (18) Kyle Busch, Toyota
19. (23) Ty Gibbs, Toyota
20. (9) Chase Elliott, Chevrolet
21. (16) AJ Allmendinger, Chevrolet
22. (43) Erik Jones, Chevrolet
23. (10) Aric Almirola, Ford
24. (41) Cole Custer, Ford
25. (6) Brad Keselowski, Ford
26. (15) JJ Yeley, Ford
27. (19) Martin Truex Jr, Toyota
28. (31) Justin Haley, Chevrolet
29. (47) Ricky Stenhouse Jr, Chevrolet
30. (7) Corey Lajoie, Chevrolet
31. (11) Denny Hamlin, Toyota
32. (77) Landon Cassill, Chevrolet
33. (42) Ty Dillon, Chevrolet
34. (51) Cody Ware, Ford
35. (38) Todd Gilliland, Ford
36. (78) BJ McLeod, Ford
*The odds are acquired from Tipico Sportsbook
- Joey Logano: +1000
- Ryan Blaney: +700
According to the betting sites, Logano is my absolute favorite to win the race. Ryan Blaney is also in contention for winning the race, as he is the pick to win by many experts.
Joey Logano and Ryan Blaney, the two favorites per the betting sites, are predicted to win the 2022 South Point 400.
Logano has the best position in the NASCAR standings among the 36 drivers in the start list. Even though he already has a good chance to finish in the final four, a win here will ensure his placement in NASCAR’s Final Four.