Brian Flores
Photo: Fox News

Former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores said he declined to sign a non-disclosure agreement presented by Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. Following his dismissal from the team in January and before filing his class-action lawsuit alleging.

Among other things, Ross offered him $100,000 per loss for the 2019 season. It was during a Tuesday evening interview on “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel.”

Brian Flores counsel said that the coach left millions of dollars on the table by refusing to sign the NDA. The Dolphins, who have previously denied misconduct, have since stated that Flores’ latest charge is baseless.

In an interview with HBO’s “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel,” the former Miami head coach said he was requested to sign an NDA by Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, but declined because he felt it would truly muzzle him.

“It was millions of dollars,” Flores attorney John Elefterakis said “It was two years to coach Flores’ credit, he wasn’t gonna sign that, because he wanted it, it wasn’t about the money. If it was about the money he would have signed it. What he did instead was he filed this lawsuit so that he could help other coaches, now and in the future.”

Flores is suing the NFL and numerous teams, including the Dolphins. It is for alleged racial discrimination in the league’s hiring policies, among other allegations.

Flores also discussed how he ended up on the Steelers’ coaching staff in his conversation with Gumbel. He said he contacted Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin for advice on what he should do next in his coaching career. But the conversation soon drifted to exploring a coaching position in the city.

Flores was appointed as a linebackers coach and senior defensive assistant.

Read Also:

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here