Argentina faced Brazil in the World Cup qualifiers in September last year. Brazil vs Argentina match was called off after 6 minutes due to the non-compliance of Argentine players in that match. FIFA then gave an official verdict on the postponed match. FIFA banned four Argentine players and the suspended match will be rescheduled.
After September’s World Cup qualifier against Brazil was called off due to non-compliance with international match rules, FIFA has sanctioned four Argentina players, three of whom are Premier League players. Emiliano Buendia and Emiliano Martinez of Aston Villa, as well as Cristian Romero of Tottenham Hotspur, have been sanctioned and will miss the remaining two qualifiers. Giovani Lo Celso has also been barred from performing.
A statement from the organization said, “After a thorough investigation of the various factual elements and in light of the applicable regulations, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee has decided that the match should be replayed on a date and at a location to be decided by FIFA,”
Meanwhile, in a statement on Monday, February 14, FIFA said that Brazil vs Argentina match will be held at a different venue. However, the statement did not say when it would be rolled out. The announcement of that match does not end here. The federations of both Brazil and Argentina have been fined.
According to the new announcement, the strength of Lionel Scaloni’s team has been greatly diminished. The main chaos that ensued in that match was the FIFA ban on the four players. The four players are Cristian Romero, Emiliano Martinez, Emiliano Buendia and Giovanni Lo Celso. Meanwhile, the federation of the two teams has been fined in addition to banning the players.
Following the match’s cancellation, both the Brazilian and Argentina Football Associations were fined £40,000 each. The Brazilian Football Association will pay a £400,000 fine for order and security violations. The Argentine FA will be fined £160,000 for failing to meet its requirements in terms of order and security, as well as its match preparations.
In response, the Argentine Football Association (AFA) said in a statement that FIFA had been asked to reconsider the verdict surrounding the match last September. We will fight for our players and get justice for the whole incident.