The Welsh Open 2022 is going to start on February 28, 2022, at the ICC Wales. The tournament will be starting from February 28, 2022, where the venue for the league is the ICC Wales, Celtic Manor Resort.
A total of 82 players will battle for the title in Wales. Each player must win one qualifying match to advance to the last 64. The top 16 seeds compete in qualification matches.
The two wildcard players’ matches will be rescheduled for February 28, the tournament’s first day, and will take place at the venue. Jordan Brown, the defending champion, is among the top 16 seeds, along with Ronnie O’Sullivan, Judd Trump, and Neil Robertson.
The 34-year-old had already defeated Mark Selby in the quarter-finals and thrashed Stephen Maguire 6-1 to set up a showdown with the Rocket in the final.
Brown became only the fourth Northern Irishman to win a ranking title by defeating the man many consider to be the greatest player of all time, following in the footsteps of his countrymen Alex Higgins, Dennis Taylor, and Mark Allen.
Here, you will find everything about the tournament.
Welsh Open 2022 Schedule:
The Welsh Open gets underway on February 28, with the final at ICC Wales set for March 6. Here is the full schedule:
February 28, 2022 Morning Session (10:00 GMT)
- Jordan Brown vs Mitchell Mann
- Anthony McGill vs Zhang Anda
- Shaun Murphy vs Andy Hicks
- Stephen Maguire vs Fergal O’Brien
February 28, 2022 Afternoon Session (13:00 GMT)
- Barry Hawkins vs Alexander Ursenbacher
- Judd Trump vs Dean Young
- Liam Davies vs Lulian Boiko
- Kyren Wilson vs Dominic Dale
- Neil Robertson vs Jimmy White
- Yan Bingtao vs Ashley Hugill
- Mark Williams vs Michael Judge
- Stuart Bingham vs Sean Maddocks
February 28, 2022 Evening Session (19:00 GMT)
- Zhao Xintong vs Oliver Lines
- Ronnie O’Sullivan vs Sam Craigie
- Mark Allen vs Ken Doherty
- Elliot Slessor vs Dylan Emery
- John Higgins vs Pang Junxu
- Mark Selby vs Chen Zifan
- Si Jiahui vs Gary Wilson
- Allan Taylor vs Michael White
March 01, 2022 Morning Session (10:00 GMT)
- Winner of Match 1 vs Ben Hancorn
- Rory McLeod vs Yuan SiJun
- Robbie Williams vs Hossein Vafaei
- Ali Carter vs Ng On Yee
March 01, 2022 Afternoon Session (13:00 GMT)
- Ben Woolaston vs Liang Wenbo
- Jimmy Robertson vs Jamie Jones
- Cao Yupeng vs Joe Perry
- Scott Donaldson vs Andrew Pagett
March 01, 2022 Evening Session (19:00 GMT)
- Thepchaiya Un-Nooh vs Winner of Match 07
- Mark Devis vs Matthew Selt
March 02, 2022 Morning Session (10:00 GMT)
- Lu Ning vs Matthew Stevens
- Graeme Dott vs Jamie Clarke
March 02, 2022 Afternoon Session (13:00 GMT)
- Zak Surety vs Ryan Day
- Ricky Walden vs Noppon Saengkham
The event will be played at ICC Wales, Celtic Manor Resort in Newport, Wales. If you are a local, you will be able to watch the event live from the location. But first, you must purchase tickets.
How to Watch the Welsh Open Online in 2022?
The matches for the league will be streaming on the official broadcasting partners of the league. The streaming rights for the Welsh Open Snooker are with the various channels.
Eurosport will live stream the Welsh Open Snooker online in 2022. All the matches for the league will be streaming live on the Eurosport channel.
The matches will be streaming on the official website of the channel. The Eurosportwebsite will be streaming the matches for the league on the official website.
The streaming of the matches will also be taking place on the discovery+.
In Canada, DAZN will broadcast this thrilling snooker tournament. DAZN has a $19.99 monthly subscription price. They’ll keep you up to date on the latest sports news and happenings from around the world.
Welsh Open Draw:
A field of 82 players will be in contention for the title in Wales. Each player has to come through one qualifying match to make the last 64. The qualifying matches for the top 16 seeds and the two wildcard players will be held over and played at the venue on February 28, the first day of the event. Among those top 16 seeds are last year’s winner Jordan Brown, 2021 beaten finalist Ronnie O’Sullivan, Judd Trump, and Neil Robertson.
Last 64 Draw
- TBC v Ben Hancorn (ENG)
- Lu Ning (CHN) v Matthew Stevens (WAL)
- TBC v Mark Joyce (ENG)
- Rory McLeod (JAM) v Yuan Sijun (CHN)
- Robbie Williams (ENG) v Hossein Vafaei (IRN)
- Jak Jones (WAL) v TBC
- Zak Surety (ENG) v Ryan Day (WAL)
- Anthony Hamilton (ENG) v TBC
- TBC v Hammad Miah (ENG)
- Graeme Dott (SCO) v Jamie Clarke (WAL)
- TBC v Ashley Carty (ENG)
- Ben Woollaston (ENG) v Liang Wenbo (CHN)
- Jimmy Robertson (ENG) v Jamie Jones (WAL)
- Thepchaiya Un-Nooh (THA) v TBC
- Si Jiahui (CHN) v Gary Wilson (ENG)
- Craig Steadman (ENG) v TBC
- TBC v Lukas Kleckers (GER)
- Ding Junhui (CHN) v Michael Holt (ENG)
- TBC v Zhao Jianbo (CHN)
- Ricky Walden (ENG) v Noppon Saengkham (THA)
- Cao Yupeng (CHN) v Joe Perry (ENG)
- TBC v TBC
- Mark Davis (ENG) v Matthew Selt (ENG)
- Li Hang (CHN) v TBC
- TBC v Soheil Vahedi (IRN)
- Ali Carter (ENG) v Ng On-yee (HKG)
- TBC v Kurt Maflin (NOR)
- Scott Donaldson (SCO) v Andrew Pagett (WAL)
- Chris Wakelin (ENG) v Jack Lisowski (ENG)
- TBC v TBC
- Allan Taylor (ENG) vs Michael White (WAL)
- Liam Highfield (ENG) v TBC
The final spots in the last-64 draw will be taken from the winners of the top 16 seed and two wildcard matches which are as follows:
Wild Card Matches
- Jordan Brown (NIR) (1) v Mitchell Mann (ENG)
- Shaun Murphy (ENG)) v Andy Hicks (ENG)
- Stephen Maguire (SCO) v Fergal O’Brien (IRL)
- Anthony McGill (SCO) v Zhang Anda (CHN)
- Judd Trump (ENG) v Dean Young (SCO)
- Kyren Wilson (ENG) v Dominic Dale (WAL)
- Barry Hawkins (ENG) v Alexander Ursenbacher (SUI)
- Liam Davies (WAL) v Iulian Boiko (UKR)
- Neil Robertson (AUS) v Jimmy White (ENG)
- Mark Williams (WAL) v Michael Judge (IRL)
- Yan Bingtao (CHN) v Ashley Hugill (ENG)
- Stuart Bingham (ENG) v Sean Maddocks (ENG)
- Ronnie O’Sullivan (ENG) v Sam Craigie (ENG)
- Zhao Xintong (CHN) v Oliver Lines (ENG)
- Mark Allen (NIR) v Ken Doherty (IRL)
- Elliot Slessor (ENG) v Dylan Emery (WAL)
- Mark Selby (ENG) v Chen Zifan (CHN)
- John Higgins (SCO) v Pang Junxu (CHN)
The Welsh Open Snooker 2022 is one of the world’s most prestigious snooker competitions. The top snooker players compete to amuse the crowd. If you enjoy snooker, this is an event you should not miss.