Trampolines are fun. Trampolines are great. But getting one is surely not an easy decision. The price may scare you and then there’s also the question about the shape and size and whether it is even safe for kids.
Needless to say, these questions need to be answered. Here are the most asked questions about trampolines:
How to choose the right trampoline size?
Easy answer: get the biggest trampoline your yard fits comfortably
True answer: as you may expect, there is no right or wrong answer to this question. When choosing the size, you should think about the following factors:
- Who will be using it? If you are getting the first trampoline for your little ones, you can choose a small trampoline. Size 8ft to 10ft should be more than enough. However, pre-teens and teens (and adults) tend to enjoy more space. If that’s the case, opt for at least 14ft trampoline, if possible.
- For what are you getting it? Basic jumping requires less space. If you think your kids and teens may enjoy trampoline tricking or gymnastics, get a big trampoline (13ft-16ft).
- How big is your yard? Usually, the safety guidelines suggest leaving at least 3ft of empty space around the trampoline.
Are trampolines safe?
Short answer: Yes. Long answer: trampoline safety is a topic that often concerns parents. While yes, jumping on a trampoline is not a risk-free activity, it can be a low-risk activity if you follow the guidelines set by the manufacturer. Usually these guidelines include following safety tips:
- Only one should jump at a time
- Do not jump on the trampoline if there’s any damage to it – remember to maintain your trampoline on a regular basis
- Do not try any tricks that you are not familiar with
- Get a trampoline with the safety net
- Follow all instructions given by the trampoline manufacturer
The list, naturally, isn’t comprehensive. The internet is full of safety tips for safe trampoline jumping. You can also contact the manufacturer directly to ask about safety-related questions and concerns.
What is the difference between round and rectangular trampolines?
Well, the shape, duh. No but seriously, the difference is in the bounce. The classic round trampolines give the highest bounce in the middle while the rectangular ones even bounce no matter where you jump on it. The latter is beneficial for trampoline tricking and gymnastics as you need to be able to predict the bounce well in order to do tricks and performances safely.
How long do trampolines last?
The most common answer online is 3-8 years. However, this can vary greatly depending on the quality of the trampoline. Quality trampolines often cost more, but they can last for decades with the right trampoline care.
How to do a backflip on a trampoline?
Backflips or any other trampoline tricks require practicing. No one should attempt a backflip if they have zero experience in any kind of trampoline tricking. However, if you’ve got the basics, learning how to do a backflip could be for you. Here’s how it goes:
- Step 1: jump on your back
- Step 2: jump tucked on your back
- Step 3: do pullovers (and if you have no idea what they are, you probably aren’t ready for backflips)
- Step 4: attempt a backflip
- Step 5: practice smooth landing
The internet is full of excellent tutorials. Watch several videos before even thinking about doing it.
What should I do to maintain my trampoline?
Check your trampoline once per season. Go through the frame, mat, trampoline enclosure and net as well as the springs. If something is broken, do not jump on the trampoline before replacing the damaged part with a new one. Part of the maintenance is also following the instructions the manufacturer has provided.
How much weight can a trampoline hold?
This really depends on the manufacturer. As a common rule of thumb, the bigger the trampoline, the more weight it can hold. However, it’s usually not that straightforward. The trampoline frame structure has the most impact on the weight limits. Usually, the recommended max weight limit is at 250 – 350 lbs, but note that trampolines are often safety tested for much higher weights than what the limits say.
How to assemble / disassemble a trampoline?
The assembling process varies. However, it usually goes in this order:
- Trampoline frame
- Trampoline mat and springs
- Trampoline enclosure poles
- Trampoline safety net and possible other accessories
The trampoline is disassembled in the opposite order. Start with accessories and safety net and end the disassembling process with the frame.
What’s the average price of a trampoline?
The average price of a trampoline varies greatly. It usually ranges from $300 to $2000. Various factors affect the price:
- Material costs
- Research and development costs
- Size and shape
- Safety testing
- Brand reputation
As a general rule of thumb; the more you pay, the more you get. Compare your options and see what is the best budget for you.
Why should I get a trampoline?
First and foremost, jumping on a trampoline is fun. Have you ever seen a kid who’s not smiling when experiencing weightlessness when they bounce the first time? Chances are, you haven’t. Trampolining is also great for health as you don’t really notice you are even exercising when jumping. But, there are hundreds of reasons why trampoline might be for you. See for yourself by exploring trampolines at https://us.acon24.com/ .