The 2022 Muller Diamond League will take place on Saturday 21st May in Birmingham, England. Keely Hodgkinson, Laura Muir, Holly Bradshaw, KJT, Dina Asher-Smith, and Josh Kerr are among the Brits in action today.
Birmingham makes its bow on Saturday with the Müller Diamond League, and the competitors gave the refurbished Alexander Stadium a big thumbs up at the pre-event press conference.
Holly Bradshaw describes the newly-developed Alexander Stadium as “the most beautiful stadium in the UK right now … I think it surpasses the Olympic Stadium in London.”
The Olympic pole vault bronze medallist spoke at the pre-event press conferences ahead of the Müller Birmingham Diamond League on Saturday (May 21). Fellow British athletes agreed with her sentiments too.
“It’s great to have such a beautiful stadium in a place that is a part of the DNA of athletics in this country,” said Dina Asher-Smith, who runs the 100m on Saturday.
“It’s so exciting to be here and know that we’re racing in the Commonwealth Games in a few weeks,” added para-sprinter Thomas Young, while middle-distance runner Josh Kerr joked: “A blue track is great for the Scots.”
The area is almost unrecognizable for those arriving at the Alexander Stadium who have not visited it for a while. With track and field kicking off at the Commonwealth Games in early August, the Diamond League this weekend is something of a test event. Indeed, it is everyone’s first opportunity to see world-class athletics at the venue since it was re-built.
The pole vault runway has moved from the back straight and into the home straight.
“It’s important to know ahead of the Commonwealth Games and how I can plan for that,” said Bradshaw, who added after missing the indoor season: “I’ve had a challenging nine months with illness and injury. This is a new phase of my career for me. After winning an Olympic medal, I feel a little weightless and carefree. I’ve earned the right to enjoy every moment now.”
Muller Diamond League Birmingham 2022 Schedule:
The meeting takes place on Saturday, February 19, at 13:15 GMT at the Utilita Arena Birmingham.
(Time British Standard (GMT +1)
- 11:30 – Club:Connect Women’s U17 4x100m
- 11:35 – Mixed F55/57 Seated Shot
- 11:38 – Club:Connect Men’s U17 4x100m
- 11:46 – Club:Connect Women’s U20 4x100m
- 11:54 – Club:Connect Men’s U20 4x100m
- 12:02 – Men’s 800m Wheelchair
- 12:10 – Women’s 400m Wheelchair
- 12:18 – Men’s 3000m Steeplechase
- 12:33 – Women’s 800m B
- 12:52 – Women’s 400m B
- 13:02 – Men’s 100m Ambulant
- 13:10 – Women’s 100m Ambulant
- 13:21 – Women’s Discus
- 13:24 – Men’s High Jump
- 13:26 – Men’s 800m B
- 13:34 – Women’s 100m B
- 13:42 – Men’s 100m B
- 13:47 – Women’s Pole Vault
- 13:50 – Men’s 400m B
- 14:04 – Women’s 400m Hurdles
- 14:09 – Women’s Final 3 Discus
- 14:17 – Women’s 1500m
- 14:25 – Women’s Long Jump
- 14:29 – Men’s 100m
- 14:37 – Men’s 800m
- 14:46 – Women’s 100m
- 14:53 – Men’s Discus Throw
- 14:55 – Men’s 400m
- 15:03 – Women’s 5000m
- 15:19 – Women’s Final 3 Long Jump
- 15:28 – Men’s 1500m
- 15:41 – Men’s 110m Hurdles
- 15:43 – Men’s Final 3 Discus
- 15:51 – Women’s 800m
- 16:05 – Men’s 4x100m
- 16:15 – Women’s 4x100m
How to Live Stream Müller Diamond League?
NBC has the rights to the Diamond League this year, and Saturday’s meet will air live on CNBC from 9-11 a.m. ET. You can also watch the meet through NBC’s streaming service, Peacock. A subscription costs $4.99/month and can be purchased here.
This meet can be streamed live through CBC Sports in Canada.
The BBC has the rights to every Diamond League meet. They will be shown on BBC1, BBC2, or its on-demand BBC iPlayer service. Saturday’s meet will air live on BBC1 from 13:15 to 16:30.
How to Watch Müller Diamond League 2022 in Birmingham on TV?
The Müller Indoor Grand Prix Birmingham will have many options to watch live TV starting at 2:00 pm GMT.
- YouTube (Worldwide, but IP geo-restrictions apply for several countries)
- BBC Sports (United Kingdom)
- Tele Deportes Play (Spain)
- Sportdeutschland.tv (Germany)
- L’Equipe (France)
- SVT Play (Sweden)
- Flotrack (USA, Canada, Australia)
- Caribbean Countries (Flow Sports (Multiplex Ch EXTRA3/ Flow Sports APP Live)
- South America (ESPN, STAR+, DirecTV)
- In most African countries , YouTube