The Warrior Games 2022 is a multi-sport event for the wounded, injured, or ill service personnel and veterans. It takes place in the United States from 19-28 August, organized by the U.S. Department of Defense Warriors. Hundreds of soldiers worldwide participate in sporting events such as wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby, cycling, indoor rowing, wheelchair volleyball, and track racing.
Here we cover the Warrior Games 2022 preview, games, day-by-day schedule, and how to watch live.
- Competition: Warrior Games 2022
- Venue: World Disney World Resort Center in Central Florida
- Dates: 19-28 August 2022
- Athletes: About 300
DoD Warrior Games Preview:
The Warrior Games is back in the United States after a two-year break due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It was last held in 2019. Organized by the U.S. DoD, the 10-day event will play from 19-28 August 2022 in Central Florida.
The event honors the ill and wounded U.S. military active service or veteran personnel. It’s an effort to celebrate their resiliency and dedication. It started with an opening ceremony on Friday, 19 August 2022, at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in World Disney World Resort Complex, Central Florida. The sports competitions start around 7:00 am, or 8:00 am local time each day.
Games and Schedule:
About 300 athletes, who are wounded, ill, or injured active service or veteran military personnel from around the world are taking part in this year’s warrior games. They will compete in 12 sporting events across 10-day.
Here are the games being played in the Warrior Games 2022.
- Wheelchair Rugby
- Indoor Rowing
- Wheelchair Basketball
- Field Games
- MWR Golf Scramble
- Track Games
- Sitting Volleyball
We are already on Day 4 of the competition on Tuesday, 23 August 2022. Tuesday’s action will begin with the Powerlifting event at 7:00 am local time. Here is the day-by-day schedule for the upcoming games.
All times are Local
Tuesday, 23 August:
- Powerlifting at AdventHealth NW Pavilion – 7:00 – 13:00
- Indoor Rowing at AdventHealth NE Pavilion – 13:00 – 19:00
- Wheelchair Basketball Prelims (Day 1) at VISA Athletic Center – 16:00 – 21:00
Wednesday, 24 August:
- Field Games at Track and Field Complex – 7:00 – 17:00
- Wheelchair Basketball Prelims (Day 2) at VISA Athletic Center – 16:00 – 21:00
- MWR Golf Scramble at Disney Palm Golf Course – 7:30 – 12:00
Thursday, 25 August:
- Track Games at Track and Field Complex – 8:00 – 16:00
- Wheelchair Basketball Finals at State Farm Field House – 16:00 – 21:00
Friday, 26 August:
- Swimming at Rosen Aquatic Center – 8:00 – 16:00
- Sitting Volleyball Prelims (Day 1) at VISA Athletic Center – 16:00 – 21:00
Saturday, 27 August:
- Archery at AdventHealth Arena – 8:00 – 18:00
- Sitting Volleyball Prelims (Day 2) at VISA Athletic Center – 16:00 – 21:00
Sunday, 28 August 2022:
- Sitting Volleyball Finals at State Farm Field House – 10:00 – 14:00
- Closing Ceremony at The Stadium – 18:30
How to Watch Warrior Games 2022 Live?
All the sporting events of the Warrior Games will be available to watch live on the official website. Fans can find the live streaming link there.