The Formula One motor racing returns to Belgium which will mark the 14th round of the 2022 F1 season. F1 Belgian GP will hit the racing track for a 44-lap on Sunday, 28 August 2022, at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Stavelot, Belgium.
Here we have everything about the Belgian Grand Prix, start time, pole position and starting grid, full schedule, and how to watch on TV and live stream.
- Competition: F1 Belgian GP
- Round: 14th of the 2022 F1 Season
- Date: Sunday, 28 August 2022
- Start Time: 2:00 pm BST, 3:00 pm local time
- Laps: 44
- Pole Position: Carlos Sainz
F1 Belgian GP 2022: Date, Start Time, Venue
The F1 Belgian GP will hit the track for a 44-lap race on Sunday, 28 August 2022. The F1 race will go underway at 2:00 pm BST.
The famous 7.004 km of the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Stavelot, Belgium will provide the setting for the event.
Pole Position and Starting Grid
Carlos Sainz (Ferrari) will be in the pole position to start the race. The 27-year-old Spaniard finished second in the qualifying, 0.632s behind the reigning F1 world champion Verstappen.
However, despite finishing top, Verstappen will start in 15th place due to a grid engine penalty. Seven different drivers were given penalties for changing power-unit parts beyond their allocation for the season. Those players will take the 14-20 positions.
Carlos Sainz will be joined by Sergio Perez (Red Bull) in the front row.
Here’s the starting grid for the F1 Belgian GP:
- Carlos Sainz (Ferrari)
- Sergio Perez (Red Bull)
- Fernando Alonso (Alpine)
- Lewis Hamilton (Marcedes)
- George Russell (Marcedes)
- Alex Albons (Williams)
- Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren)
- Pierre Gasly (AlphaTauri)
- Lance Stroll (Aston Martin)
- Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin)
- Nicholas Latifi (Williams)
- Kevin Magnussen (Haas)
- Yuki Tsunoda (AlphaTauri)
- Valtteri Bottas (Alpha Romeo)
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
- Charles Leclarc (Ferrari)
- Esteban Ocon (Alpine)
- Lando Norris (McLaren)
- Zhou Guanyu (Alfa Romeo)
- Mick Schumacher (Haas)
All times in local (GMT+2)
Sunday, 28 August
- FIA Formula 3: Feature Race (18 Laps or 45 Mins +1 Lap) at 08:50 – 09:40
- FIA Formula 2: Feature Race (25 Laps or 60 Mins +1 Lap) at 10:20 – 11:25
- Air Display: Red Bull Aerobatic Display 11:30 – 11:35
- FIA Formula 2: Press Conference at 11:45 – 12:15
- Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup: Race (12 Laps or 30 Mins) at 12:05 – 12:40
- Paddock Club: Track Tour at 12:55 – 13:25
- Paddock Club: Pit Lane Walk at 12:55 – 13:55
- Formula 1: Drivers’ Parade at 13:00 – 13:30
- Promoter Activity: Red Devils Aerobatic Display at 14:10 – 14:20
- Formula 1: National Anthem at 14:44 – 14:46
- Air Display: Red Devils Fly Past at 14:46 – 14:47
- FORMULA 1: GRAND PRIX (44 LAPS OR 120 MINS) at 15:00 – 17:00
How to Live Stream F1 Belgian GP Today
Fans can watch the F1 Belgian GP motor racing via Sky Sports F1 on TV in the UK. The pre-race coverage will start from 12:30 pm BST before the race starts at 2:00 pm BST.
Fans can catch the live stream via the SkyGo app. Moreover, you can watch the live stream via the one-off day payment on NOW for £11.98.
ESPN will broadcast F1 Belgian Grand Prix live in the United States. To catch the live stream, fans can use Sling Orange and fuboTV.