Neil Robertson returns to defend his English Open title against a star-packed field, from 12-18 December 2022, at Brentwood, England. Here we have the English Open 2022 live coverage, date, time, prize money, format, and how to watch via live stream.
After back-to-back shocks at the Scottish Open in early December, the Home Nations Series returns with its third chapter in English Open. Big names like Ronnie O’Sullivan, Judd Trump, and John Higgins made early exits in Edinburgh before a shocking semi-finals exit of Neil Robertson. They will be vying to make amends in Brentwood this week. Gary Wilson went all the way to take the Scottish Open.
Last year, Neil Robertson clawed his way back to take the final three frames against John Higgins and snatched the Steve Davis Trophy.
English Open Snooker 2022: Date and Time
The English Open Snooker 2022 will take place from 12-18 December at Brentwood Centre, Brentwood.
The Final will be a best-of-17-frame action. It will take place on Sunday, 18 December 2022, in two sessions – afternoon at 1:00 pm and evening at 7:00 pm GMT.
Monday, December 12
Morning session – 10:00 GMT
- Barry Hawkins 4-1 Rod Lawler
- Mark Selby 4-3 Noppon Saengkham
- Zhao Xintong 4-2 Allan Taylor
Afternoon session – 13:00 GMT
- Marco Fu vs. Lewis Ullah
- Callum Beresford vs. Ryan Thomerson
- Neil Robertson vs. Andrew Pagett
- John Higgins vs. Gerard Greene
- Jack Lisowski vs. Sean O’Sullivan
- Shaun Murphy vs. Anthony Hamilton
- Judd Trump vs. Jackson Page
- Luca Brecel vs. Mark Joyce
Evening session – 19:00 GMT
- Stuart Bingham vs. Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
- Mark Allen vs. Mitchell Mann
- Ronnie O’Sullivan vs. Ben Mertens
- Ricky Walden vs. Liam Highfield
- Ryan Day vs. Asjad Iqbal
- Mark Williams vs. Matthew Stevens
- Kyren Wilson vs. Reanne Evans
- Ken Doherty vs. Jamie Jones
Tuesday, December 13
Morning session – 10:00 GMT
- Robert Milkins vs. Julien Leclercq
Afternoon session – 1300 GMT
- Jimmy Robertson vs. Winner of Match 1
- Wu Yize vs. Cao Yupeng
- Matthew Selt vs. Winner of Match 2
- Michael White vs. Anthony McGill
Evening session 19:00
- Ali Carter vs. Chen Zifan
- Mark Davis vs. Scott Donaldson
- Pang Junxu vs. Hossein Vafaei
- Martin Gould vs. Gary Wilson
When is Ronnie O’Sullivan Playing?
World Champion Ronnie O’Sullivan will begin his tournament in the first round against Belgium’s Ben Mertens. It will take place on Monday, 12 Dec. at 7:00 pm GMT.
The winner of this game will take on Dechawat Poomjaeng in the second round on Wednesday, 14 Dec.
When is Judd Trump Playing?
Judd Trump will kick off against Wales’ Jackson Page on Monday, 12 Dec. at 4:00 pm GMT. The winner will take on Craig Steadman on Tuesday.
How to Watch English Open Snooker 2022 Live Online and on TV
The English Open Snooker will be available live on Eurosport in the UK and across Europe. Moreover, fans can enjoy the live stream via discovery+. The streaming service will provide every shot ad-free for subscribers.
Discovery+ subscription costs £3.99 per month and £39.99 per year. The new subscribers can enjoy a 7-day free trial.
There will be 7-frame games up to Round 4. After that, the quarter-finals will be the best of 9 frames, and the semi-finals are the best of 11 frames.
The Final will be at the best of 17 frames.
English Open 2022 Prize Money
The overall prize money of the competition is £427,000. The winner will take home a delicious £80,000. Here’s the prize money breakdown of the English Open 2022 Snooker.
- Winner: £80,000
- Runner-up: £35,000
- Semi-final: £17,500
- Quarter-final: £11,000
- Last 16: £7,500
- Last 32: £4,500
- Last 64: £3,000
- Highest break: £5,000
- Total: £427,000
Read Also: FIFA World Cup 2022 Semi-Final: Teams, All Fixture, Venue, Dates