After the final grand slam of the season, US Open Tennis has been done and dusted, WTA Tour continues with Slovenia Open 2022. The WTA 250 event takes place in Portoroz, Slovenia, from 12-18 Sept. World No. 11 Emma Raducanu headlines the 32-player women’s singles draw. Here we have the Slovenia Open 2022, top seeds, draw, key results, schedule, and prize money.
- Competition: Slovenia Open 2022
- Category: WTA 250
- Location: Tennis Club Portoroz
- Dates: 12-18 Sept.
- Surface: Outdoor Hard
- Draw Size: 32 (Women’s Singles)
- Defending Champion: Jasmine Paolini
Slovenia Open 2022: Top Seeds and Draw
World No. 11 and the 2021 US Open Grand Slam champion Emma Raducanu headlines the women’s singles. World No. 15 Haddad Maia is the 2nd seed behind Raducanu.
- Emma Raducanu (11)
- Haddad Maia (15)
- Elena Rybakina (25)
- Martina Trivisan (27)
- E Alexandrova (28)
- Alize Cornet (40)
- Bernarda Pera (45)
- Ajla Tomljanovic (46)
- A Patapova
Bernarda Pera (8th) withdrew for a left shoulder injury. A Patapova will play as the 9th seed.
The 19-year-old Raducanu will play against A Friedsam in the Second Round and could face Patapova (9th seed) in the quarter-finals. Martina Trevisan (4th seed) is en route to face the defending champion Jasmine Paolini in the last eight. However, Kaja Juvan upset Alize Cornet (6th seed) in the first round and played Jasmine Paolini next.
At the bottom half of the draw, last week’s US Open quarter-finalist Ajla Tomljanovic suffered a first-round exit against Ana Bogdan.
Ana could collide with the 2nd seed Haddad Maia in the last eight.
Rybakina (3rd seed) and Alexandrova (5th seed) both won their first-round matches and could meet in the quarter-finals, and Haddad Maia in the last four.
- Raducanu wins 6-2, 5-3 (walkover) against Yastremska
- Patapova wins 6-4, 7-6 (5) against Calire Liu
- Jasmine Paolini wins 7-5, 6-1 against Wurth
- Alize Cornet loses 6 (5)-7, 3-6 against Juvan
- Alexandrova wins 7-6, 5-7, 7-5 against Marta Kostyuk
- Rybakina wins 6-7, 6-4, 7-6 against Siegemund
- Ajla Tomljanovic loses 5-7, 6-4, 1-6 against Bogdan
- Haddad Maia wins 7-6, 6-3 against Clara Tauson
Slovenia Open 2022 Schedule
The First and Second rounds will be played from 12-15 Sept. The Quarter-finals will begin on 16 Sept., and the tournament wraps up on Sunday, 18th Sept. with the Final.
- September 12-13: Round of 32
- September 14-15: Round of 16
- September 16: Quarterfinals
- September 17: Semifinals
- September 18: Final
Prize Money Breakdown
The winner of the Slovenia Open 2022 WTA 250 women’s singles will pocket a lucrative €26,770 prize money. Here are the prize money payouts for different positions.
- Winner – €26,770
- Finalist – €15,922
- Semi-finalist – €8,870
- Quarter-finalist – €5,000
- Round of 16 – €3,065
- Round of 32 – €2,200
Which TV Channel Will Broadcast the Coverage?
|UK||Amazon Prime Video|
How to Watch Slovenia Open Online
Watch the 2022 Slovenia Open live online with the bet365 live streaming services. Also known as WTA Portoroz, it is a WTA 250 event played on outdoor hard courts in Slovenia from 12 to 18 September.
- Visit bet365 > tennis > live streaming
- Log-in or register for an account
- Registered depositing users can watch & bet on tennis*
Read Also: Davis Cup 2022 Live: Groups, Teams, Players, Schedules, TV Coverage