Alexander Zverev of Germany plays Russia’s Karen Khachanov in the finals of the Olympics men’s singles on Sunday, August 1st. The 5th in the world ranking Alexander Zverev is in very impressive form. He beat Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals and also has 4 straight-sets wins at the Olympics. But the journey to the finals was not that much easy for Khachanov. He lost the first set against Yoshihito Nishioka in the first round
Since 2019, both of them have gone in different directions. In Wimbledon the Russian’s match record was not very promising,it was 16-15. In his Olympic journey in Tokyo, he has defeated Yoshihito Nishioka, James Duckworth, Diego Schwartzman, Ugo Humbert, and Carreno Busta. Zverev came in this stage by defeating Yen-Hsun Lu, Daniel Elahi Galan, Nikoloz Basilashvili, Jeremy Chardy, and Novak Djokovic.
When and where is the Olympic tennis finals: Zverev vs Khachanov?
- Date: It is going to draw on the ground on Sunday, August 1, 2021.
- Time: It will start approximately from 2:00 AM (ET) after the women’s doubles gold medal match
- Location: The venue of the finals is the Ariake Tennis Park Centre Court.
How to live stream Zverev vs Khachanov Olympic tennis finals?
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics will be broadcasted in the US by Olympic Channel.
- SONY LIV will also broadcast the live stream
- Total Matches: 4
- Alexander Zverev won: 2 (2016 Saint Petersburg Open and in 2018 Roland Garros)
- Karen Khachanov won: 2 (2018 ATP Masters 1000 Paris and 2019 ATP Masters 1000)
According to FanDuel, Alex Zverev is quite ahead with odds, he has odds of -330. On the other hand, Russian Karen Khachanov has odds of +230
It’s too hard to predict the winner of the game, because both of them are very promising and hardworking players. Both have been playing well in the last week, but it is a matter of time to know who will be the gold medalist.
Zverev beat Djokovic in the semi-final, which will probably give him so much confidence. So, maybe He will be the one to take the gold medal with him.