Tyron Woodley is an American professional mixed martial artist. He defended his UFC Welterweight Champion title four times. He won the All-American and Big 12 Conference championships two-time.
In this writing, you will know more about his details and professional wins.
Woodley’s Early Life and Career
Tyron Woodley was born on April 17, 1982 (40 years old now). Woodley was born in Ferguson, Missouri, in the United States.
Out of 13 siblings, Woodley was the 11th one. His parents parted ways in his childhood, and his mother raised him.
During his high school life, he was a two-sport athlete. He competed in American Football and Amateur Wrestling at that time.
He won the Missouri 4A Men’s State Championship held in 2000.
Woodley graduated from McCluer High School in 2000. After that, he joined the University of Missouri and its Wrestling program. He graduated in 2005 with an Agricultural Economics major.
Woodley debuted in professional mixed martial arts in 2009.
On February 7, he fought against Steve Schnider. Fortunately, he won the match in the first round by submission.
His second match was against Jeff Carstens. On April 30, he again won it by submission.
The strike force was a stroke of good luck for him. He won too many matches of it.
Here are the winning details for you
1) Woodley vs. Sal Woods (Strike force: Lawler vs. Shields): On June 6, 2009, Woodley won the match in the first round by submission.
2) Woodley vs. Zach Light (Strikeforce Challengers: Kennedy vs. Cummings): He won in the second round via submission.
3) Woodley vs. Rudy Bears (Strike force Challengers: Woodley vs. Bears): He won it using arm-triangle submission.
4) Woodley vs. Nathan Coy (Strike force Challengers: Lindland vs. Casey): He won it by split decision.
5) Woodley vs. André Galvão (Strike force: San Jose): He won it by knockout in the first round.
6) Strikeforce Challengers: Woodley vs. Saffiedine: On January 7, 2011, he won it via a unanimous decision.
7) Woodley vs. Paul Daley: Win via unanimous decision.
8) Woodley vs. Jordan Mein: Win via split decision.
In the ultimate fighting championships, he won five times.
In the UFC Walter weight championship, Woodley has won four matches (majority). Unfortunately, his three-year Walter weight reign ended with his defeat in the last fight against Kamaru Usman.
In his professional boxing career, he had 2 fights against Paul.
On August 29, 2021, he fought against Paul. Woodley was the first player to survive against Paul till the second round. The fight went in favor of Paul via a split decision.
On December 6, 2021, he again fought against Paul and lost in the 6th round.
He lost both of the matches in his boxing career.
Out of the 27 mixed martial arts events he took part in, Woodley won 19 matches.
Here is some more information you need to know about him.
Tyron Woodley Personal Information
|Full name||Tyron Lakent Woodley|
|Nickname||The Chosen One|
|Born||April 17, 1982|
|Father’s name||Sylvester Woodley|
|Mother’s name||Deborah Woodley|
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
Height and Weight
Woodley has a height of 5 feet 9 inches. He weighs 77 kg and 12 st.
Woodley’s wife’s name is Averi Woodley. The couple dated each other earlier and got married later on. They have four kids Dylan Woodley, Darron Woodley, Tyron Woodley Jr, and Gabby Woodley. Rumors are spread that Tyron and his wife divorced each other. However, the news is yet to be confirmed.
Tyron Woodley’s Net Worth and Salary
Woodley has a net worth of $4 million in 2023. Woodley earns a salary of $215,000 million. His sources of income are boxing and endorsements. He wants to build up a non-profit facility for troubled youths one day.
Read More: Mallory Pugh Net Worth